VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

In Trouble At Work!

Rate this question

usdart

Question

I was in a Training session and the instructor made fun of me so I walked out.

This is Required Training and my Boss wants me to come by and 'talk about it'.

Boss knows I have PTSD but, I don't think he understands at all. Man, I am in deep doo-doo now.

What can I say to him to lesson my stress and get him off my backside?l

Edited by usdart

• HadIt.com Elder

The federal government often has to hire disabled vets, but they do not have to keep them. I worked at the USPS. They really hated hiring disabled vets because this made if more difficult to find jobs for relatives, girlfriends, buddies and all the rest. The USPS would hire a disabled vet and then start to try and find a reason to fire him/her. If you told them you had PTSD they would make you bring in statements every time you took off time to see your doctor clearing you to return to work, and that you were not a threat to yourself or others. It was gross discrimination, but EEOC allowed it.

Navy04, my husband and I went through so many problems with the VA that, in his lifetime he blamed it on the billboard across from the VARO building that said "F--- with Rod Simmons!"

Of course he was only kidding but after he died I think they put up a new billboard with my name on it.and I think it is still there...

It had my daughters name on it for 3 weeks. She is a vet and could not believe how stupid her first CHAP 35 decision was.

I wrote the NOD,and also said it was a CUE they had made and they fixed it in 3 weeks.

My family's experience with the VA seems to have covered many types of claims, everything from wrongful death FTCA to my receipt of 3 separate DIC awards. (only one check but 3 separate awards) and his SSDI and VA awards also involved many situations I have seen here over the years.

I repeat stuff we experienced a lot, only because I know there are others out there maybe reading as guests, who find themselves in the same VA

rig amoral.

And the medical background I got from his claims has been invaluable here.

I went to a military school (AMU) and graduated in 2007. I was the only civilian ,only one prior to me.

VA paid fopr all that under Chapter 35.

On the Chap 35 app they asked me a question as to what I intended to pursue the degree for and I replied to the affect that I have been a veterans advocate since 1983 and the VA claims process is a battleground ,so I wanted to acquire some battlefield tactics ,in order to help vets pursue their claims.

I sure did and I learned what command presence can do, as well.

I was a little worried they would get upset at that above statement I wrote so I assured them I was already Phi Theta Kappa,

in the National Honors Society, from past college so they would not be wasting their money.

My husband's death and his tremendous VA ordeals were not in vain and he is actually the one who is helping vets here, from what I learned in helping him.

I feel spouses need to be fully aware of their partner's medical issues and aware of the basic claims process because one never knows when their veteran spouse could become incapacitated or even die.

I am hanging in there for now. I think I need to wait to find out my new rating before going after 'reasonable accomodation'.

I am a Facilities Maintenance worker for the DOE with a Power Co.. The Company is currently under investigation for not hiring Veterans so I think I am pretty safe for now. I don't think any level of management wants more fuel on THAT fire. I call it my ACE in the hole, for the long run.

I have documentation of harrasment back to 2007 wwhen I was hired to back myself up.

• HadIt.com Elder

So you are a federal employee? It will be very hard for the DOE to fire you. Do you have a union? If you file an EEOC complaint and the DOE fires you soon after for petty reasons you probably have a good case for "retaliation" for filing the EEOC complaint or request for Accommodation. I think you should officially ask for accommodation and if they do anything more to you file an EEOC complaint. You do not have to win the complaint. All you have to do is file it and this adds another level of protection. You have access to MSPB if you employer takes some serious action against you. When I was fired from USPS I hired a MSPB lawyer. The USPS fired me for cause. The MSPB lawyer got all that thrown out and I was allowed to take OPM disability and file for worker's compensation at the same time. I was too disabled to continue working anyway so taking OPM was in the cards. I threatened a supervisor and the USPS had a line of witnesses (co-workers who curried favor with their boss). That was really the only way I could have possibly got myself fired.

So you are a federal employee? It will be very hard for the DOE to fire you. Do you have a union? If you file an EEOC complaint and the DOE fires you soon after for petty reasons you probably have a good case for "retaliation" for filing the EEOC complaint or request for Accommodation. I think you should officially ask for accommodation and if they do anything more to you file an EEOC complaint. You do not have to win the complaint. All you have to do is file it and this adds another level of protection. You have access to MSPB if you employer takes some serious action against you. When I was fired from USPS I hired a MSPB lawyer. The USPS fired me for cause. The MSPB lawyer got all that thrown out and I was allowed to take OPM disability and file for worker's compensation at the same time. I was too disabled to continue working anyway so taking OPM was in the cards. I threatened a supervisor and the USPS had a line of witnesses (co-workers who curried favor with their boss). That was really the only way I could have possibly got myself fired.

Yes I am a Fed employee and yes I am in a UNION too. I have alot of options but, I don't want to pull the trigger too soon. as soon as I have my new rating I will go forward asking for Accomodations for my disabilities.