VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Fdc Is Finally Moving!

Rate this question

Navy04

Question

My FDC that was submitted in Sep 2013 finally went to Gathering of Evidence on Ebenefits. What drives me crazy is that all my care for this claim is at VA. WTH is the VA gathering evidence when they have all the evidence that they need. This is why we all get so frustrated. The VA will find any way to delay are claims. This claim was submitted as an FDC in Sep, yet it takes the VA 5 months to even begin to work claim, so much for faster claims, Lol! I am so stressed, I just had my Mental and Physical exam for my SSDI claim the last two weeks. I just want either the VA or SSA to do their jobs.

• Answers 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

I've been waiting for you to post something once your claim starts moving because I submitted hubby's on September 25 also as an FDC. Ours only has two contentions but one of them is TBI and I understand that goes in the "special ops" lane instead of the FDC "express" lane because it's considered a complicated claim.

Once you click on the claim under contentions does yours say VBMS (new) or does it actually list your contentions???

Did you file the claim through Ebenefits or did you mail the paper claim? I mailed ours, Which I regret because then it went to scanning for 2 months, according to my VSO.

I'm pretty sure no one has even looked at our claim.

Plz Keep this thread updated with any movement or changes that you see because I'm very curious!

Edited by NavyWife

Under Contentions it states my conditions that I am applying for an increase. My buddy is a VSO and he faxed and mailed it directly to Waco. He has a good friend that works in records at the Waco RO. What is crazy, if the VA added a condition that I did not apply for, and my claim says Gathering Evidence. I hope to heck that the VA did not change my claim from an FDC to a traditional claim. My estimated date of completion has now changed to 2/24-9/24/2015, WTH. I hope that date is a fluke. Good luck and I will keep you updated.

Did you say 2015???? What does your VSO say about that date change? My estimated completion date is 8-12 months after the submission date, but I hear my VARO -which is extremely backlogged- is taking about 14 months for claims.

Under contentions did yours say VBMS before?

Yes originally my claim said April-Oct 2014, and now it says 2015. My VSO works for the county, and he only works a few days a month. I am going to see him on Thursday to see what is up. Under Contentions my claim never said VBMS. I called DC and a few months ago they told me that Waco is averaging 10 months for FDCs and yesterday they said that Waco is averaging 16 months now on FDCs, WTH! I don't know what to think anymore. I just pray that my SSDI gets approved soon, and then I don't mind fighting with the VA thereafter, because I know that I will be at 100% by the end of the year. This whole Govt process is so F******** frustrating. I feel for you as well as all on here. The fight is beginning to wear us all out. Hopefully your status updates soon.

I just checked my Claim and not it says that the Waco VA is requesting evidence from Dallas VA, due to them by 4/1/14. Now I think the Dang claim might have moved to a traditional claim. If it did than I might retract the claim.

Same thing happened to me on the dates. When I first submitted the claim my VSO said FDC's were averaging 8 months at my VARO. Then, A few months later when I did an IRIS inquiry they told me FDC's were now taking 14 months.

Do you happen to know if your C-file and your claim have been scanned into the electronic system yet? If not, that might possibly account for the date change. However, since you just recently got out I would've thought your C-file would've already been electronic...

Keep me posted on what your VSO says when you go see him.

Edited by NavyWife