VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Fdc Is Finally Moving!

Rate this question

Navy04

Question

My FDC that was submitted in Sep 2013 finally went to Gathering of Evidence on Ebenefits. What drives me crazy is that all my care for this claim is at VA. WTH is the VA gathering evidence when they have all the evidence that they need. This is why we all get so frustrated. The VA will find any way to delay are claims. This claim was submitted as an FDC in Sep, yet it takes the VA 5 months to even begin to work claim, so much for faster claims, Lol! I am so stressed, I just had my Mental and Physical exam for my SSDI claim the last two weeks. I just want either the VA or SSA to do their jobs.

• Answers 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

I retired almost a year ago, and I don't think that the file is in VAs system yet, because when I go to my Crohn's DR, they are always asking me stupid stuff, cause they say they cant see the file. Im trying to see if I can call my VSO now. If my claim has been moved to traditional, then I am going to withdraw claim, because I need add more conditions. Plus my stupid VSO did not list the VA where I am being treated for PTSD. So, he called his friend and had her slip a paper in my service record that states I am being treated at that VA, but my luck Waco will not see paper and never reevaluate my PTSD, which is definitely going to increase. I am so torn right now, my VSO keeps saying hold on and see what happens, but I figure if they are going to take a dang year to complete claim, I might as well withdraw it, and submit a new claim with all conditions and evidence and I know that in the end the new claim with everything will pan out. So tired of us having to do the VAs work. I wish my wife was as envolved as you, then maybe she would understand why I am so stressed all the time.

Update!

I just got off the phone with my VSO. He is able to look on the VA system on current status, and it states that the Waco RO has requested that the VAs fill out DBQs on my conditions that I am seeking increases for. The VAs have until 4/1/14 to return these back to Waco. So, hopefully I don't need C&Ps as all my treatment is at the VA. Maybe my claim is finally moving. As I have said my VSO has too much faith in the VA, as he said that FDC would be done in 4 months, yeah right. It has been over 5 months and my claim is just beginning to move. My VSO said that if my claim somehow was bumped out of FDC and converted to Traditional claim then I should receive a letter from VA soon stating that. If I don't receive a letter from the VA by the end of the month, then I will take it as my claim is still being treated as an FDC. Pray for me guys, as I do every morning and night for you guys.

Ft Worth VA just called me and I have C&Ps scheduled on 2/14/2014. That is my wife's birthday and our 10 year anniversary. What a way to spend it, Lol. I have C&Ps for Hearing, Esophagus, Knee, Testicular and PTSD review. The guy on the phone said that I will be at VA for about 8 hours worth of appts. I am excited that the exams are next week, which is really fast, but I am so nervous. I just had my 2 SSDI exams, and now this. Navywife, maybe your husband's claim will start soon.

OMG! I'm so happy for you! I can't believe the appts. are scheduled for next week! That is shocking! Hope you will get to have a nice celebration dinner with your wife afterwards.

My birthday is also this month-on the 7th! Hubby is stressed out about his upcoming surgery on the 11th, so we probably won't go out; maybe we'll order some food in & rent a movie instead.

Thanks guys for your kind words. Now I just have to make it thru the Exams. My wife is very happy my appts are next week, we are going to celebrate our anniversary next sunday, she loves The Olive Garden and Red Lobster Lol! I will keep you guys posted. I pray that I will write success news soon.