VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Fdc Is Finally Moving!

Rate this question

Navy04

Question

My FDC that was submitted in Sep 2013 finally went to Gathering of Evidence on Ebenefits. What drives me crazy is that all my care for this claim is at VA. WTH is the VA gathering evidence when they have all the evidence that they need. This is why we all get so frustrated. The VA will find any way to delay are claims. This claim was submitted as an FDC in Sep, yet it takes the VA 5 months to even begin to work claim, so much for faster claims, Lol! I am so stressed, I just had my Mental and Physical exam for my SSDI claim the last two weeks. I just want either the VA or SSA to do their jobs.

• Answers 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Update!

I just got off the phone with my VSO. He is able to look on the VA system on current status, and it states that the Waco RO has requested that the VAs fill out DBQs on my conditions that I am seeking increases for. The VAs have until 4/1/14 to return these back to Waco. So, hopefully I don't need C&Ps as all my treatment is at the VA. Maybe my claim is finally moving. As I have said my VSO has too much faith in the VA, as he said that FDC would be done in 4 months, yeah right. It has been over 5 months and my claim is just beginning to move. My VSO said that if my claim somehow was bumped out of FDC and converted to Traditional claim then I should receive a letter from VA soon stating that. If I don't receive a letter from the VA by the end of the month, then I will take it as my claim is still being treated as an FDC. Pray for me guys, as I do every morning and night for you guys.

Navy04 I was wondering....did your VSO say that Waco was requesting an IMO or an examination? .... I'm wondering because I called 1 800 827-1000 and was told that Waco sent a request for an IMO out on the 4th and the 5th. What is strange is that I received an envelope in the mail today that was dated December 20, 2013 but it was post marked February 4th I received this exact same letter in December!!

Waco requested DBQs from the VAs I use, as all my treatment is at VA. Yet, the Ft Worth VA called me a few days ago and I have 6 C&Ps next Friday in Ft Worth. So apparently the VA is going to give me C&Ps anyways, even though all that was requested was DBQs.

Update Update Update!

I completed the 6 C&P exams yesterday at the VA in Ft Worth. They all went extremely well, except for Ortho Doc. He did not want to remove my Knee Brace for Exam, then he said "I don't understand why your knee wont bend", so I gave him copies of my two Knee Surgeries while active, and he said " Wow that makes sense", what an Idiot. Other than that the Docs were very nice, especially the Psych Doc. She was a young lady, not a Vet, yet she is the first person to listen to me in a long time, and not tell me how I am suppose to feel. I hope everything works out. How long give or take until I find something out, being that this is an FDC, but again it is the Waco RO handling my FDC. Thanks to all of you for you support and your words of encouragement.

You must be so relieved to have those exams completed! You've done everything you can do. Now it's up to the rater.

I will wager a guess that your claim will close in 1 or 2 months. This is just based on what I've read from other folks.

It seems the denials come REALLY fast. So I don't think you want a fast decision!

Navy,

Thanks for your kind words and the info. I hope my SSDI and my FDC claims go well in the next few months. Take care and hope you have a good weekend.