VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Exciting News

Rate this question

usdart

Question

I have three C&P exams in two days scheduled. Only one of them tells me what it is for.

One is for Tinitus and the other two do not say.

I applied for Tinitus, Hearing loss, Sinusitus (increase) and PTSD.

Hearing loss was flatly denied due to a 1979 ruling against it.

I am guessing one of these is Sinusitis increase and I don't know what the other one is. MY PTSD was slowed down because they asked for proof of Combat which my Congressman only sent in last week. I am pretty sure that is not enough time.

Wish me luck and and that I can control my stress please. I will of course keep you in the loop. All you guys and gals deserve medals for your service to Vets...

• Answers 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

I searched on line and found 2 of the Doctors have an PSY in thier description. That means PTSD C&P exam.

I am shocked though because I just sent back the Evidence forms (21 0871) last thursday. They could not have processed it that quickly.

It all has to do with my getting the Congressman to help, I am sure. You Guys and Gals that are feeling forgotten would be wise to do the same if you have not already.

Your state has a bad reputation as well as us in Texas, but with the political help, I think that made your claim faster. Great news for you. Take care and keep us posted on your exams. We all know they are either smooth or horrible.

Just remember that the VA will lump "Tinitus & Hearing loss" together. In my case, I received 10% for Tinitus and 10% for Hearing Loss for a rated total amount of 10% (increase in total disability rating). Ya gotta love the VA's math! :) Just keep in mind, that even a "0%" rating for Hearing Loss is not all that bad. The "0%" shows the Hearing Loss was service connected, just not enough for "Pay". So even with a "0%" rating, you can still qualify for NO COST hearing aids from the VA if it shows that you can benefit when wearing them!

The hearing aids I received from the VA are top notch! They are programable and even came with a small pocket size remote control to change the volume (no more sticking my finger in my ear to do this), and for selecting 3 preset programs depending on your environment setting. They were Swiss made and VERY expensive! I looked on line as to their cost, and was surprised to find that the would have cost me over $7,000 a pair! Also, you get batteries for life through the mail.

Just try to relax and hang in there! Many folks here including me are ROOTING for you!

Edited by GEEBEE711

10% for hearing loss and 10% for tinitus is 20%. They are sperate ratings and cant be lumped together

My post did not say they were not seporate ratings. If the veteran had only these two disabilities, I'm pretty sure they would only receive 10% total rating for pay and NOT 20%.