VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Va Again Proves They Are Clueless In Iris Message

Rate this question

71M10

Question

Greetings all:

Well received an IRIS response to my inquiry on Appeal status. They informed me my form 9 from November 2008 is reviewed and waiting for my POA to complete form 646, when they have received that form from my service organization they will certify to BVA.

The only problem is I have never approved a POA and have never been represented by a service organization.

They assured me the average processing time for a NOD from Detroit to BVA is 357 days.

I sent them a reply clarifying I do not have a POA and have never had a service organization represent me.

Additionally, I pointed out that at 1,837 days my NOD is taking 530% longer than average and they seem completely unconcerned for an office that has oversight responsibilities.

They are still unwilling to explain how another issue was dropped from another appeal, even though a form 9 was received by them within 15 days of the decision(which they didn't issue a SSOC for ).

I was going to submit a Writ on their unlawful removal of an issue from appeal at the end of February, but if the issue from November 2008 finally gets forwarded I should be able to get all issues discussed. My concern then would be that they will remand back the Kyphoscoliosis issue to have A SSOC completed, regardless of the evidence (process over practicality).

Any comments or idea's?

• Answers 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

I would cut out a few of the big words bud, and get to the point for them Knuckleheads to understand you. That way there is no confusion on their part down the road.

• HadIt.com Elder

I made a sworn statement that I have no more evidence in my increase request for DMII. I look at Ebenefits and it is still in the Gathering Evidence phase 6 months later. I am lucky this claim will not affect my compensation rate. I wonder if I should send another Statement in Support of Claim telling the VA I have NO MORE EVIDENCE? What does it take with these people? This is small potatoes compared to my wait for CAVC to make a decision in my CUE. Iam 13 years P&T. I wonder if I can just assume I will continue to get my compensation and just disappear off the VA map? No, you cannot assume anything with the VA. I assume they will drag a 70 year old vet in one day for a C&P to see if he is really unemployable.