VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Iu Denied. Got A Few Questions

Rate this question

krisknuckle

Question

I'm at 80% PTSD and headaches filed for IU found out it was denied hadn't received letter as to why. Just recently like 3 weeks ago got SSI approved .what should be my next step appeal with new ssi info ? Also I should go get medical records from ssi first shouldn't I to see what they say

3 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

When you get the letter of denial I would ask them to reconsider your TDIU because you got SSI solely for your service connected conditions. You did say SSI and not SSDI, correct. What I would do is along with the letter requesting them to reconsider include your SSI records that say you are totally disabled due to your service connected condition. If you got SSI or SSDI for anything besides the SC conditions the VA is going to deny your claim for TDIU. However, your SSI records are "new evidence" of your total disability. What you have to show is that your are unemployable solely due to your SC conditions.

John

I think it's Ssdi it's social sec disability I'm waiting on letter then I'm gonna as for reconsideration this all happened like with 8 days of each other so I'm trying to get it all figured out. Waiting for something for a year then all of a sudden it jumps on me thinks for the info