VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Question

Rate this topic

doogie

If a DRO hearing judge gave me 100% combined disability , what are the chances of the review officer reversing or modifying the award? anyone have a idea.

50% PTSD + 20%

60% heart

80% toatal and and the rest IU Inferred P&T 100%

Edited by doogie

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

If a DRO hearing judge gave me 100% combined disability , what are the chances of the review officer reversing or modifying the award? anyone have a idea.

50% PTSD + 20%

60% heart

80% toatal and and the rest IU Inferred P&T 100%

I do not see that happening - I think "the review officer" your concerned with is not there

to reevaluate the DRO's decision - they are to dot the i's and cross the t's of the decision,

just button everything up, etc. . .

They do not have the authority to over ride a DRO's decision.

jmho

I agree with Carlie. First a "DRO" and a "review officer" are one in the same. (DRO = Decision Review Officer). Next, if you have received notice of said decision, the VA must go through a process to reduce your rating. First, they have to give you 60 days notice and a right to a hearing.

They further have to show your condition "actually improved" through medical evidence.

If the decision has NOT been mailed to you, then it would be easier for them to change it, however, it is still unlikely.

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use