VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

It's My Turn! Fdc On The Move

Rate this question

NavyWife

Question

OMFG! I don't believe it. My FDC status has finally changed from the 1st step of Under Review to the 2nd step of Gathering Evidence! The estimated claim completion date only extended out 2 extra months--not bad! Under Contentions, it always previously said VBMS (new); now it lists the 2 contentions we actually filed for.

I realize Ebenefits is only as good as the person updating the info at the VARO, but nonetheless, I'm so excited and happy. I feel like I just won the lottery or something. Also, a little bit emotional because I've been working my a$$ off for 40 to 50 hours per week on this claim & learning the "VA Process" since September. It's nice to know someone has actually looked at it!

It says "Development Letter Sent". This is an FDC, so I've already signed the VCAA 5103 notice. What could that be for?

The past 2 weeks, I've been emailing every other day, the VSO's in my area asking for status updates. Also, my FDC just hit the 125 day mark. Coincidence?????

Edited by NavyWife

I got my letter with my Appts today thru the mail. Ebene and HealthyVet will both have the exams listed, if it is thru the VA. Good to finally see some movement and just wait and see.

Update!

I completed my C&P exams yesterday at Ft Worth VA. The Docs were all very nice, except for the Ortho Doc. He did not want to remove my Knee Brace for Exam. How long do you guys think before claim is completed, being that it is an FDC? Then again it is being handled by the Waco Ro, so never know. Thank you guys for all your support and words of encouragement. Would not be able to deal with the Stress, if not for you guys. God bless and hope you guys have a good weekend.

Next step should be a C&P exam. I've checked Ebenefits under Exam Appointment Calendar and nothing shows there yet. Do I need to go into MyHealthyVet and view that exam calendar, too?? Or are they the same thing???

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Your C&P exams will show up in ebennies appt calendar. You should get the letter first though. The "gathering of evidence" stage is where your claim will probably stay the longest. Your claim may ping pong between a higher step and then go back to "gathering of evidence" again.

Since his memory is shot, I'm also going to prepare a single page summary of his symptoms that he can hand to the dr. at the C&P. I think everyone gets nervous and forgetful at the doctor's office, so it will help him not to forget to say anything important to the doc.

This is an absolutely fantastic idea for anyone going into their C&P evaluation. Great idea!