VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Can't Track Appeal Status On E-Benefits

Rate this question

Stickman

Question

Good morning everyone,

So, can you only track your appeal status on e-benefits, if your appeal is at BVA? I have a three year old appeal still at my local RO [ Atlanta ] - two years since C and P exams btw -, and when I hit on appeal status all I get is, " Our records indicate you do not currently have an appeal at BVA, please contact your local RO for information", or some such. I know it's all just a load of junk anyway, but I was just curious.

Steve

• HadIt.com Elder

Did you file Form 9 asking to go to BVA? Are you waiting for DRO Hearing? From what I read you should be able to see if your claim has reached the BVA. Often a claim will languish at the RO even after you file Form 9 asking for BVA hearing. When the BVA is ready to hear your claim they will ask for your case, but RO has to certify your claim to the BVA. Contact VARO and find out where your claim is at right now. It could just be sitting at the RO.

We have a similar situation on our end. Do you have any other appeals pending at the Board or the Court that the VA wants to resolve first before the RO certifies the Board appeal and sends it to the Board? We have a Form 9 sent to the RO from May 2012 that's still there. The Board is already aware of it because we sent a certified mail copy to them at the same time we sent it to the RO. If this goes much longer, I'm looking at filing a Writ of Mandamus petition to get it dislodged.

Thanks for the replies. No, I haven't filed any form 9 for forwarding to BVA, and I have nothing currently with BVA. this is just an appeal, with three issues, that according to Peggy, and 1000 number is still "awaiting DRO review", at local RO- Atlanta. March will make three years since receipt of NOD, and two years since C and P exams for two of the issues at QTC.

Thanks for the replies. No, I haven't filed any form 9 for forwarding to BVA, and I have nothing currently with BVA. this is just an appeal, with three issues, that according to Peggy, and 1000 number is still "awaiting DRO review", at local RO- Atlanta. March will make three years since receipt of NOD, and two years since C and P exams for two of the issues at QTC.

Mine was the same way...My DRO NOD took 52 months to get finalized and eBennys never updated the status until the claim was closed. It said the same thing for years. Good Luck

Mine was the same way...My DRO NOD took 52 months to get finalized and eBennys never updated the status until the claim was closed. It said the same thing for years. Good Luck

I Recommend you seek assistance from a Service Officer from one of the Veterans Organizations. It shouldn't be just some Service Officer but, one who serves at your states VA Regional Office. I used an American Legion Department Service Officer. I asked him directly what the deal was with my appeal. He walked over to the VARO and ask about my appeal. They supposedly sit in on the shelf. Saying I had requested a withdraw from the appeal process. He told them I never made such a request. If I had it would have come through his office first. I've had a "traveling BVA hearing" at my VARO five months ago. Supposedly its assigned to a VLJ in DC. I expect it to take at least two more years for a decision to be rendered. If it turns out this way. I'm looking at least four years from beginning to end. Sorry, if it's not what you were expecting.

You've got to stay on top of it at all times and don't trust your VSO to always tell the truth.The VA told me also that a request had been submitted to withdraw my claims so they closed them without sending me notification.Just doing what they were supposed to do.This all happened after waiting 3 years for something as simple as a request to increase a PTSD claim from 10%.After a month or so I went on e-benefits and it showed no open claims.It ends up a guy who was transferred for not doing his job at DAV as a parting gift sent a request to withdraw my claims.I'm still trying to straighten out this mess.Eventually it will get straightened out but I'll have to do it all on my own.DAV headquarters could care less about it and the VA seems to have misplaced the letter requesting my withdrawal.Going on 4 years now and has been approved for hardship and nobody still gives a damn at any level.So everything still sits at the RO in Phoenix.