VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Can't Track Appeal Status On E-Benefits

Rate this question

Stickman

Question

Good morning everyone,

So, can you only track your appeal status on e-benefits, if your appeal is at BVA? I have a three year old appeal still at my local RO [ Atlanta ] - two years since C and P exams btw -, and when I hit on appeal status all I get is, " Our records indicate you do not currently have an appeal at BVA, please contact your local RO for information", or some such. I know it's all just a load of junk anyway, but I was just curious.

Steve

• HadIt.com Elder

I  agree with fierydomain

call or email your congressman or The VA Under Secretary  to see what they can do to help   its ridiculous for a veteran claim to just sit and gather up dust  until someone finally decides to help. we just need to  put a fire under there butts  and the upper big shots can do just that...we just got to let them know.

I emailed Ted Ebert after 3 months and had my hearing scheduled two months later. This is no excuse I didn't even have a hardship when I filed my DRO review. Give him an email search it in this forum sorry I don't remember of the top of my head. Give him two weeks to respond that's is utterly fell through the cracks moment for them. It's like the wonder where we get our sayings that they just deny wait and hope for the worst in our case so they don't have to pay out. I am not saying it will go your way but trying hurts no one. Also before that send in an IRIS inquiry first if you know how to just ask I'll explain they are pretty quick now with usually a day turn around with an answer. My advice submit the inquiry to get an explanation then fire to Ebert asking for an explaining for why it's been this long for what they tell make sure to Be Polite he is an absolute claim savior as far as I'm concerned.

Edited by jfrei

My husband may have to contact someone.  He appeal is at bva.  He filed the nod in Jan of 12.  It took them 3yrs to get a docket number and send it on to the bva.  It has been 5 and half yrs now.  For an increase in diabetes, because he now takes insulin.  Sometimes takes a fast acting insulin.  Chronic kidney disease.  Third stage, because his gfr  bounces between 43 to 33.  But was denied because in his urnalzis cup there was no proteinurea.  Which sometimes you do not have prtienurea until the later stages.    I did pull up another vets appeal which was approved and his gfr was 43.  Now in that claim the they referred to proteinuria has macroalbuimin.  And before they produce proteinuria, it is called microalbumin.  Which he was only producing microalbumin too.  So the amount they produce determines wether it is the one or the other.   And it states in the diabetic nephropathy training letter says they can not even use a  urine sample to make diagnosis.