VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

C-File In Limbo

Rate this question

mike6113

Question

Over 2 weeks ago went for a second C&P exam at Va Hospital in NYC. My DRO is still waiting for it to come back to him so it can be rated and completed. After a six year wait on my appeal and many exams this feels like an eternity. So today I call the hospital itself and was told it was sent back to RO in NYC a week ago. Then the gentleman tells me that it is probably in the mailroom at RO and no one has opened it yet . C'mon , I know we all have waited and waited for many things from the VA but this seems excessive ! Can I go to RO personally and ask for it and take it up myself ? Or can someone offer advice on how to get them to open the mail ? As always thanks for all the advice.

Negatory on donning USPS gear, sir. I can say I feel your frustration. I had to wait seven months for my file to travel less than a mile from the CAVC on 625 Indiana Ave. NW DC over to BVA at 810 Vermin Ave. NW. There it sat for several more months. And then, ... it went to the AMC. You are lucky. It's local. It will get done but it will be painfully slow. The only consolation we have in this is winning. Well, that and our good name. By denying us, they are calling us liars and cheats. That didn't sit well with me then and it still doesn't now. I expect that's why there are so many of us eager to help you and pay the VA back for their rudeness. Best of luck, sir.

a

clear prop

Edited by asknod

Hey brothers and sisters ! Just went on ebenefits and under appeal status it was changed to " no info " and under the date of my NOD it now has a new entry with todays date and SOC { statement of case } next to it. for 4 yrs it hasn't changed. The SOC I assume is from my intial denial from 2009. What does this mean ? Good , Bad , Ugly ? Is it finally being worked or rated ? HELP !

• HadIt.com Elder

Where was your appeal for six years? Did you appeal to DRO and wait six years? Did your claim go to BVA and get remanded back to the VARO. I have been waiting about 8 years and my claim has been to the DRO twice, the BVA twice and the CAVC twice. A lot of movement and still waiting but I think the train is on the track, maybe, this time.

John never went to BVA has been at RO since the NOD . Spoke to DRO last week and he has been waiting to get the file back after a second C&P for PTSD. Both CPs say I have PTSD from 2 diff doctors and I have been seeing a VA therapist the entire time.

• HadIt.com Elder

Well, I think you should get any increase in PTSD from the date you filed your initial claim since it has been on active appeal for six years. I think they will try and cheat you on this and base your effective date on date of second PTSD claim.