VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Hoping For The Best

Rate this question

whoami?

Question

Hello everyone I have been reading through many of the threads on this site and I have seen loads of great information and inspirational stories. I am currently working with a VSO from DAV. He recently submitted a FDC for an increase based on my PTSD worsening. I have some other issues that are attached to that claim also. I really feel like I may have taken some missteps in this whole process but having found this site I am hoping I will receive the correct rating with you guys support. My first claim was basically denied I was granted 10% for a shoulder injury and everything else was 0% or denied. Five years after that I was diagnosed with PTSD and my compensation went up to 40%. I was rated 30% for PTSD. I didn't agree but I didn't do anything. Fast forward to today five years later I have a FDC received by the VA and I am now awaiting the next steps. I am going to document everything here so other veterans who may be going through what I am can read this and see it and hopefully it will help them.

I was medically retired last year for Crohn's 30% and SC 80%. I was low balled on my PTSD, 30%, and I submitted an FDC in Sep 2013. I did not know to fight the VA, and I just took what they gave me. I had my C&P exams last Friday, one exam was for PTSD Review Increase. You will get your C&P exams in the next few months, and then go from there. Depending on what state you are in, your claim might move faster than mine. Go to your exams, and then once you get your exam results, post them on here, and we will do our best to help. Good luck and keep us posted.

Hello Navy04,

Thanks for stopping by. I will keep everyone abreast to everything going on. In the beginning it was hard for me to file a claim because just like the examiners I didn't think anything was wrong with me. I have all my limbs, I don't have to use a wheel chair...so when I see myself compared to other vets who have lost so much it really makes me want to just be quiet.My battle isn't really physical. It's mental. Some days I don't leave my house and it's only getting worse. I wish you success with your current FDC for an increase.

If you're different than when you went in is all that matters; your claim is as valid and important as anyone else's and deserves that kind of attention.

Unfortunately, pretty much none of us expected to have to become lawyers to fight for benefits we were assured would be there if we ever needed them; this applies to SSDI as well.

So- there are many missteps and delays. But you are among friends and we will help you. Cool that you're looking to help others too.

Good luck! :smile:

Whoami,

Thanks for the kind words. I have been home a year now, and other than Dr. Appts, I have only been out a handful of times. It is very hard to leave my house, either I am tired of the hurt in the world, don't have patience for stupid drama, or I feel like I want to hurt someone. God Bless to all of us, and may 2014 be a shy better year than 2013!

Just got a letter in the mail from VA informing me that they are working on my claim......that was a waste of paper. I was hoping that you were working on but thanks for letting me know my hopes aren't being wasted. Also I am getting a little frustrated with the waiting game. I know we all have to hurry up and wait but it is my truest belief that my current ptsd rating is severely low. I am ashamed to even go and ask for any help knowing the same people are bending me over and going to town on my rear end while they pretend to care about me and my mental health with smiles to my face. My rump is so sore....But I am doing my best to stay in the fight. Many days I just want to give up I know they'd rather me give up than fight but at times I just cant take it anymore.....well at least they gave me all kinds of pills to keep me in a zombie mode...I guess all is well.