VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Hoping For The Best

Rate this question

whoami?

Question

Hello everyone I have been reading through many of the threads on this site and I have seen loads of great information and inspirational stories. I am currently working with a VSO from DAV. He recently submitted a FDC for an increase based on my PTSD worsening. I have some other issues that are attached to that claim also. I really feel like I may have taken some missteps in this whole process but having found this site I am hoping I will receive the correct rating with you guys support. My first claim was basically denied I was granted 10% for a shoulder injury and everything else was 0% or denied. Five years after that I was diagnosed with PTSD and my compensation went up to 40%. I was rated 30% for PTSD. I didn't agree but I didn't do anything. Fast forward to today five years later I have a FDC received by the VA and I am now awaiting the next steps. I am going to document everything here so other veterans who may be going through what I am can read this and see it and hopefully it will help them.

W,

You will come to notice that the VA does waste a lot of paper. I got duplicates of appointments on the same day and time, for the same thing. As far as ball park, it might be fast, it might be slow. There is no way to know, but depending where your Regional Office (RO) is at, all you will get are averages. Know that may mean more or less certain time period. My RO is average 13 months, and I am 8 days from that with a "Gathering Evidence" status showing. They have all my evidence, but I guess someone missed something from the "Gathering Evidence" Group, and it had to be corrected. I was angry to see it bump back down, but just know that will be more back pay.

I just checked ebenefits and my claim has gone from pending decision approval back to gathering evidence a few weeks ago back to pending decision approval today. Hopefully everything works out in my favor. I haven't been able to work in almost a year and the credit cards are almost all maxed out and all my savings has been spent trying to hold us over.

I worded my last post incorrectly I have been sitting in preparation for decision then back to gathering evidence then back to preparation for decision then to pending decision approval a few days ago back to gathering evidence today any idea whats going on guys and gals?

It sounds like either the Big Wigs are reviewing your claim for accuracy before signing off, or the Raters are double checking the %s assigned to claims if approved for SC. Good luck and keep us posted.

I agree with US VET. Sounds you are pretty close to the finish line.

Good luck to you.