VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Benefit Of Tdiu If I'm Already 100% P&t Schedular?

Rate this question

Inthewind

Question

I've searched for a couple hours and can't find anything related to the difference between a 100% P&T schedular rating and TDIU. Isn't the compensation the same?

A couple of people said I should be TDIU due to my 70% PTSD/depression, but I'm already 100% P&T, so what would be the difference/benefit other than reduced income from not working?

If you have schedular P&T, there should be no reason to seek IU. You can't work at gainful employment under IU.... otherwise, there seems to be no difference in benefits. P&T Schedular has same benefits as P&T IU. Does that help?

• Founder

Pays the same, TDIU prohibits working since it is given because you are less than 100% but Unemployable, 100% schedular means you are 100% and if it is for physical disabilities you can still work. Now if the 100% is for a mental disorder than work is most likely out of the question.

• HadIt.com Elder

If you apply for TDIU they would probably deny it, as you are already 100% scheduler. That being said there could be an issue because if you had a SC disability that made you TDIU, plus you had other disabilities that totaled 60%, you could be eligible for an "s" award. If you were awarded a 100% scheduler, for a single disability, the issue of an "s" award should be considered as an inferred claim, and if they didn't decide that question you still have an open claim for an "s" award.

pr

Edited by Philip Rogers

I agree with the great advice given above. I am Schedular 100%, but not P&T. I just submitted a FDC a few weeks ago for 7 more conditions. I am going to wait for that outcome, then decide what to do. I am so scared to apply for P&T, as I have seen so many gets get one of their %s lowered, when they apply for P&T. I know that my Mental and Physical disabilities will not get better, or my Crohn's all of a sudden be cured, but I am just so intimidated when it comes to dealing with the Govt. God Bless, GOod luck and keep us posted.

Old thread I know. To answer the first part of the question, there are differences between 100% schedular and IU p&t. With IU p&t your spouse and children are eligible for ChampVA, chap. 35 education benefits and DIC.