VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Just Noticed Something Unethical In C File

Rate this question

AmicusBrief

Question

I was browsing my C file and saw something that ticked me off. When I was scheduled for my Audiology C&P the rater sent an internal communication to the examiner. In the message he/she told the examiner I couldn't possibly have SC tinnitus or hearing loss because my MOS wasn't combat related. This was before I even had the exam. Of course they neglected to note that my MOS was changed 6 months before my ETS. Not to mention the whole gunner qualification and use of the M67 recoilless. Why would they try to influence the examiner with deceptive information?

BTW, it didn't work, examiner noted the truth and SC'd me. Although, the word recognition was a farce. She had me repeat the test 4 times until I guessed above 80%. First 3 showed 60-65%.

• Answers 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

My C&P for hearing was done right at the Manila OPC , no problems listed my rateing/MOS Builder , performed the tests no bias. I sorry that was not your case but it all worked out in the end. My audiograms that i did while inservice-were noted on the C&P also as a history .Was that on yours too?

My C&P for hearing was done right at the Manila OPC , no problems listed my rateing/MOS Builder , performed the tests no bias. I sorry that was not your case but it all worked out in the end. My audiograms that i did while inservice-were noted on the C&P also as a history .Was that on yours too?

The examiner compared the audiograms at my enlistment and discharge. Entry audiogram show no defect, discharge audiogram showed significant hearing loss. Her conclusion was hearing loss clearly occured during service.

The examiner compared the audiograms at my enlistment and discharge. Entry audiogram show no defect, discharge audiogram showed significant hearing loss. Her conclusion was hearing loss clearly occured during service.

Sounds good.