VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Bva Status

Rate this question

Ken1

Question

In my case, I did not ask but the Judge volunteered the info about getting it done within one month. My Attorney estimate Jan/Feb and now past that mark.

Ken

the folks at the BVA are in their own little world with their own little time frames. I know this doesn't help muc. You will drive yourself crazy if you don't!, but you have to be patient

Ken1,

I had my travel board hearing on 14 Feb 14. I received a letter from the BVA saying my appeal was docketed on the 5 March 14. When I called their 800#, the lady told me about 60-120 days before I would have my decision letter. I received said decision letter on 28 March 14 granting service connection. Now just waiting to see actual percentage raise and retro pay, prayerfully. :biggrin:

• HadIt.com Elder

I had a travel board a few years ago. It was a farce. My lawyer presented his brief. The judge just glanced at it, and said he was glad we knew what a CUE claim was all about, and then 6 months later he denied it. The Traveling Board was just an in-take process. Nothing was discussed of note.

John,

Sorry to hear that for you. I represented myself at the Travel Board. Judge gushed and gushed about how well prepared I was and how much easier it made his job. Then I dropped the bomb on him......told him I just graduated law school and passed the bar exam last year. He was still gushing :blush: He basically told me that he couldn't tell me officially :wink: but he was going to grant SC for my claim, no exam needed(residuals of hysterctomy) and it would have to go the RO for rating.