VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

For Soldiers With Gulf War Illness, A Clue To The Mystery In Their Cells

Rate this question

pacmanx1

Question

Just Part of the Story.

http://www.newsweek.com/sick-soliders-gulf-war-illness-clue-mystery-their-cells-238850

Experts suspect a variety of toxins could be linked to Gulf War Illness—from pesticides to the anthrax vaccine—but one likely culprit, Golomb says, is something that wasn’t an enemy weapon, or even an accidentally released chemical: the PB pill. The PB pill was given to troops by the U.S. Armed Forces in case of possible exposure to nerve agents—it was a preventative. The cure may have made them sick.

• Answers 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

4 answers to this question

Next week I am going to have a muscle biopsy for mitochondrial disorder. I have muscle and nerve pain not related to my back problems. Some people with ME/CFS have mito disorder and don't know it. It is recommended to take several important vitamins, do very light exercise, get good sleep and eat healthy meals around the clock. Thanks for posting the article.

After many hard years with lots of character building and a lot of prayer, I have recently been blessed with 100% due to CFS. I am not entirely sure why my claim was approved but I sure am thankful. Some other conditions were denied and I have other severe conditions that need to be claimed. I live with severe muscle/joint pain, fatigue, IBS, colitis, cancer, etc...

I'd be happy to answer any questions. I think there is now a change in how the VA handles GW claims.

Yes please elaborate on this.

63 Sierra, I feel the same way. I am only 50 but feel as if I am 65. I once weighed 180 and now down to 140 with no explanation. So many problems the VA doctor doesn't want to address them I feel my S&W DR. is the same way.

We are in a sinking boat.

63 Sierra,

Damn, I'm Sorry to hear you have cancer in the kidney. Can you draw it back to the military? I wish I was as sharp as I was years ago. I would try and research for you but I can't think or type. I have constant brain fog. Good thing this has spell check to help me see when I go off track. Good luck brother. BTW. Yes I remember when my brother talked about Ross Perot talking about independent testing of uniforms. We argued over it and I told him he was crazy. My brother is just as sick as I am now. Only he started getting sick earlier than I did.

Best wishes and your still the man.

I have read a few articles on this and there seems to be a corelation to mitochondrial damage to the cells. A few studies have indicated that there is a corelation to gulf war and SW asia theather vets. There are also studies regarding how service members of these theaters have seen changes in the way there bodies respond to pain. Interesting reads to say the least.