VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Va Suddenly Rushing Through Claims?

Rate this question

BlastDaddy

Question

Can anyone tell me what just happened?

I looked at my claim on ebenefits today and it latterly changed in front of my eyes. It went from Gathering Evidence to Preparing a Decision. Skipping review of evidence.

I called my friend who was at the same point of gathering evidence. He told me his did the same thing. Several of my friends claims did the same thing.

I called my DAV rep and he said they were almost finished with it. I asked how that could be. Just last week he said it would be a while go ahead and schedule an appointment for an IMO.

This leads me to believe something is going on and I don't feel we are getting a fair review.

Is anyone else in this situation?

Well, I was granted;

40% for Fibromyalgia. (Luckily I had two rheumatologist diagnosis)

10% for Tinnitus

0% for hearing loss although the last three exams shows hearing loss. But I guess it is not significant enough for them.

0% for R shoulder injury (although I had three AC cup separations and physical therapy in a two year period while on AD)

0% for Essential tremors of R hand and arm.

Next step is start a new post so Berta can help me. I will be uploading the results.

Maybe it's just me, but sure seems like there are a lot of success stories being posted by hadit members lately.

Judging from the national stats for on hand claims, the overall system (if all the claims are counted) hasn't had this few claims since October 2010.

So from a quantity standpoint, it sure seems like they're moving claims and moving them quickly.

Can't comment on the quality piece, though, but my claim that was stuck on hold for months and was closed in days after sending it out to another RO will have its decision appealed. Can't say that's any different than what would have happened if they were moving fewer claims.

I hope this is for the better for you and your friends' claims. If not, they just rushed you to the appeals process. If so, congratulations! Which VARO services your claims?

Ebenefits is not a good barometer for telling where your claim is or is not. They update when the get around to it and sometimes make mistakes. Just wait till you get the BBE in the mail.

JRT,

My FDC was just complete in 7 months, and it was thru Waco too. My claim stayed at Review of evidence for 5 months, then the last few weeks my claim went thru the 3 final stages and then complete. Usually it moves fast once the VA starts to sign off on the claim, and as long as there was good supportive evidence.