VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Back To Gathering Of Evidence Again

Rate this question

Mtymp

Question

So my claim is now at a year and 3 months and it has moved back and forth so many times that my head is spinning. I just completed 2 more C&P exams in April and my claim finally moved to Pending Decision Approval. Then yesterday it moved back to Gathering of Evidence. I called "Peggy" and was told that it looks like an administrative matter and I should not have to have any more C&P exams. I'm tired of being told that my claim is almost finished and when I think I see the light at the end of the tunnel, the darkness sets in again. I did file for multiple contentions so I understand that takes a while but it just seems like things are stalled. Anyone have similar situation and if so, what was the outcome?

I reveiwed all of my C&P exmas and they were all favorable for the conditions I am claiming.

Any advice or support would be greatly appreciated.

"AIRBORNE"

• Answers 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Usually after C&P done you will get decision in a couple or three months. Don't confuse the holding of the claim earlier with the VARO making a decision.

Claim just moved back to Prep for Decision. At least I know someone is working on my file and hopefully I will have the same luck as some of the other people and move rather quickly from this stage. FIngers crossed.

So my claim had movement today. It went from Prep for Decision to Pending Decision Approval to Preparation for Notification all in the matter of an hour. My AB8 has not changed yet but I have read that it doesn't until the status goes to Complete. I am just hoping that I do not go backwards again and that my claim closes out soon. It has now been 1 year and 2 months since I filed for multiple contentions.

Great news. Claim finally closed and AB8 is showing increase from 60% to 90%. Now to wait for the BBE to see what the ratings are.

Edited by Mtymp