VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Historical Claims Date Changes

Rate this question

TNengland

Question

As I continue to check ebenefits for a sign of an update on a decision I already know has been made. I noticed that dates of Date of claim and Date closed were changing in the Historical claims section. It happened once last night and again this morning. Is this a system glitch? I am hoping it is someone on the other end making changes and hopefully complete this appeal that was decided on 4/24/2014.

5 answers to this question

I had the same thing happen to me yesterday when checking the status of my claim. The dates of What we are still waiting on from third parties kept changing. The dates were completely wrong because they were prior to when I had my C&P exams. My claim has been open for over a year now and it has gone back and forth several times from stage to stage. It was back in Gathering of Evidence yesterday when the date changes kept happeneing and now today it is in Preparation for Decision. I think seeing date changes could be a good thing and it might mean someone is working on your claim. Then again, it could just be Ebennies messing with our minds. Best of luck to you and hopefully we will both have some good news shortly.

I hope you are correct in saying that someone is working on our claims. I checked again just now and the dates have all been changed again, and some don't even make sense. Starting to think something isn't right with Ebenefits.

No changes since yesterday afternoon, so I think it may have been a glitch. Which would make sense, the dates were way off and out of order, example : Date of Claim 07/07/2013 Date closed 06/07/2008 now everything is back to normal and in order. On a side note, the notification stage of this remanded appeal is a few days away from being the longest stage. I assume they are having a hard time with their calculator trying to figure out the retro.

This was happening to me all last week. On Friday, my most recently awarded and closed claim date changed to a previous denial date from 8 years before. I was hoping it had something to do with a NOD I sent in for an earlier effective date all the way back to that denial date, but now that I see this thread I guess it's just a glitch. Oh well.

• HadIt.com Elder

On Friday, my most recently awarded and closed claim date changed to a previous denial date from 8 years before.

That would likely get you some retro if it was correct.

Unfortunately, the VA has never been known to "get things right"!