VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Another Gov't Coverup, Or Dod?

Rate this topic

• HadIt.com Elder

Apparent Cause —Neglected Cure

Garth Nicolson, Ph.D., and his wife, Nancy Nicolson, Ph.D., initially conducted research into Gulf War Illness at the M.D. Anderson Cancer Center at the University of Texas in Houston. There, the Nicolsons isolated an apparent cause of sick veterans’ symptoms in a possible component of a Saddam biological cocktail — the microorganism known as Mycoplasma fermentans incognitus (MFI), which can cause protracted illness and a lingering death.

The Nicolsons’ studies have shown that approximately 40 percent of veterans complaining of Gulf War Illness symptoms have mycoplasma in their bodies. And roughly 80 percent of those have the rare MFI — a strain harbored by only about 1 percent of the general population, according to Garth Nicolson. Ironically, MFI was patented by Shyh-Ching Lo, M.D., then a researcher at the Armed Forces Institute of Pathology, now chief of the institute’s Division of Molecular Pathobiology.

http://www.freedommag.org/english/vol35I1/page03.htm

The first 16 pages cover the report. Although some of the material is covered a second time in pgs 12-14.

:unsure:

Edited by wallyg

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest terrysturgis

My daughter graduated from basic in January of this yaer, Commanding General's Award winner, I might add. During the ceremony they had Veterans of the diffrent eras stand up. WWII, Korea, Viet Nam, Gulf War , Desert Storm and Iraq. When the Gulf war vets stood up they looked 20 years older than us Nam vets. I hope and pray that they get the recognition they deserve and get appropriate medical help. Terry Sturgis