VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Gas Reimbursement For Va Appts?

Rate this topic

I wanted to find out if VA has a program to help with gas assistance for VA appts? The VA is requesting me to go to so many appts but we literally do not have the money for the gas it is costing us. It is already really tight with me not working and my husband just got a new job but because we are behind on everything, we run out of money before the next pay (he gets paid every 2 wks). It is at a point that I can't go to the appt they want me too because we don't have enough gas. :sad:

It is really embarrassing but I know things are about to change around soon so I'm keeping hope.

Any suggestions would be great. Thanks

If you are service connected and you go the VA for a service connected condition you can get travel pay. I believe if you are over 50% SC'd you get travel pay anytime you have an appt with the VA. I know I have been getting it.

I wanted to find out if VA has a program to help with gas assistance for VA appts? The VA is requesting me to go to so many appts but we literally do not have the money for the gas it is costing us. It is already really tight with me not working and my husband just got a new job but because we are behind on everything, we run out of money before the next pay (he gets paid every 2 wks). It is at a point that I can't go to the appt they want me too because we don't have enough gas. :sad:

It is really embarrassing but I know things are about to change around soon so I'm keeping hope.

Any suggestions would be great. Thanks

http://www1.va.gov/CBO/cbo/brochures/travelbrochfinal1209.pdf

I ran in to a situation that I did not get a full travel pay because the appt. was to get a PCP at the VA hospital. I was told that the appt. could have been done in Flint, MI rather than at the Saginaw VA, and they only pay from my home to the closet VA facility, WTF!! No one told me that prior to the appt. If it have been for a procedure or a C and P I would have received full travel pay from my home.

Hugh

I know how you guys feel. The three VAs that I go to are 170, 200 and 300 miles round trip. The Travel pay I get does not even cover all the Gas, Oil Changes and Tires that I go thru. It drives me crazy, and I have to leave at the crack of dawn just to get there and back without traffic or any other issues. Sorry to hear of your hard times. It has been many of hard times for my family and I. God bless and good luck