VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

228,000 Veterans’ Claims Never Completed, Then Dropped By Va

Rate this question

pacmanx1

Question

http://veteransforcommonsense.org/

A new investigative report by NextGov’s Bob Brewin (“Hundreds of thousands of VA disability claims not processed”) shows that at least 228,000 veterans’ claims have been dropped by the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) because they weren’t completed in time.

5 answers to this question

Veterans again suffer the consequences of a dysfunctional agency and VA personnel who either don't know what they are doing or who do know what they are doing and just don't care.

when we were there as gulf war vets, there was ALOT more chemical issues, depleted uranium dust from the tens of thousands of tank rounds and smart bombs, also the chemical agents that we were exposed to and the oil well fires that turned day into night it was so black. Anthrax vaccinations that they refused to annotate on our shot record and had never been tested on human beings. the list goes on. .

We CANNOT let them lump us in with everybody else.

what they are trying to attempt is trickery of wordplay. they try the same things over, and over, and over.

People tend to think because it was a short war, that we didnt stay there long, I was there almost 6 months.

How many contaminants I had to ingest will never be know but im sure it was many. I recall the chemical alarms going off, for abt 3 days in a row. many other report the same.

Edited by 63SIERRA

For every lucky Vet Claim that is completed we know by now that the other 2/3 were burned, shredded, lost or just gotten rid of all together.

In recent testimony at the H VAC or in an online report, (forget where I heard this) a whistleblower made the point that a claim filed on line will probably take much longer than using a paper claim form and mailing it to the VARO.

But then a vet takes the chance that a paper claim will sit in bins of unopened mail for months at the VA or suddenly disappear.

Thanks for the link, and I am quite sure this entire situation will get worse.