VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

How Can I Get A Copy Of My Nod?

Rate this question

Ken8651

Question

Is there a way to get a copy of my NOD, I asked IRIS about my appeal status, I got a reponse from them yesterday saying that I selected transitional appeal process, "The processing of Notice of Disagreements average about 518 days". I though my lawyer picked the DRO review. Thanks for all the helps!!

• Answers 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Is there a way to get a copy of my NOD, I asked IRIS about my appeal status, I got a reponse from them yesterday saying that I selected transitional appeal process, "The processing of Notice of Disagreements average about 518 days". I though my lawyer picked the DRO review. Thanks for all the helps!!

Since you have a lawyer, they should have a copy or original of your NOD

and could provide you a copy.

• HadIt.com Elder

Carlie's correct. In fact, your attorney should be sending you copies of anything they submit to the VA and anything they receive from the VA. They should also be giving you a monthly update as to hours worked (& costs) on your claim.

pr

Thanks Carlie and Philip for the helpful response. I been reading a lot of post here, most of them saying that DRO is better than traditional appeal process, as a experience lawyer, why will he choice traditional appeal over DRO? Now I'm starting to worry about how professional is my lawyer, anyone use legalhelpforveteran.com before?

if you're paying for a lawyer you should be able to send them an email or call them. They should give you a prompt response within a 24 hour window. If they seem like your are bothering them you should get rid of them. My attorney gave me an open access to her so I don't have to go through the paralegal to get to her, I just shoot her a question and she responds with a detailed e-mail.

• HadIt.com Elder

I hope you are not paying upfront for your lawyer. They are supposed to get 20% of any retro payments you get. I have had the same lawyer for 8 years and have not paid a dime yet. Of course, he has not won yet. Your lawyer may feel that the DRO process is a waste of time because he will be talking to someone who is just a claims adjuster and not a BVA judge. I think most BVA judges are lawyers who work as administrative law judges. I could be wrong about that, but they usually have some legal knowledge. When I had my BVA hearing the judge seemed sort of shocked that I had a lawyer. This was about 4-5 years ago. Things are changing slowly.

John

The SSI uses Administrative Law Judges (ALJ) who are completely independent of any influence. They are under no duress to render a decision pro or con. The BVA uses Veterans Law Judges who work for Laura Eskinazi-head of BVA. They do what she tells them to do-or else. They are not independent. Were that so, we would not see 65% of all decisions overturned at the CAVC and remanded back to the BVA for error.

a