VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Quick Bdd Completed Under 60 Days After Discharge

Rate this topic

Shorty_doowop

I just wanted to post my success. I was called on 7/22 about one my contentions because QTC did complete the physical for it. She told me she would send the request for an appt at the nearest VA Hospital and send the rest of my claim on. By Friday everything was completed and my appointment was made two week out. My compensation is 50%. Of course I won't know the break down until I get the package. I am really curious to see it. Thanks to Hadit.com I was able to keep from going crazy. Thank you all for posting your stories to keep my nerves down.

Claim Received: 06/01/2014 (I started before I left active duty)
Claim Type: Compensation
Claim Received: 1/09/2014

Under Review: 1/09/2014

Gathering of Evidence: 4/21/2014 (After my QTC appointments, still active duty)

Review of Evidence: 6/24/2014 (Review began 6/1/2014, my retirement date)

Pending for Decision: 7/22/2014

Pending Decision Approval: 7/23/2014

Preparation for Notification: 7/24/2014

Complete: 7/24/2014

Total of 54 day after discharge.

Contentions: >8

Regional Office of Jurisdiction: Winston-Salem

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good Luck but make sure you were not low balled. Any questions or need help come back here. I have a feeling you will have a NOD in your future.

Congratulations and good luck to you.

Thank you!!!

Ok now that I know what a NOD is...I agree I will be submitting one. I still need to review and understand everything first.

However, the first issue I have to deal with is they did not add my mother to my dependent list. I put the 21-686c form in my original package and ebenefits shows they got it on January 8th with the original package. How do I get this corrected? I see dependency changes can take awhile. I don't want them to think this is a new claim. I have been taking care of my mom for over 10 yrs now...she was my dependent while active duty..

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

Welcome to Hadit!

Big congrats to you. 50% is a great rating because the VA can't charge you for co-pays any more and you get medical coverage through them.

Don't forget to check with your State VA team to see if you can take advantage of any special benefits they offer.

They often screw up dependency claims and the length of time varies greatly.

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use