VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Service Connected Recurrent Kidney Stones ?

Rate this question

mrmark1999

Question

Can i receive a VA rating for kidney stones ?

I first had Kidney stones while at 29 Palms Ca in the Marines I had 2 separate events one on right side and the other on the left side sent to the emergency room both times . I was also sent to Camp Pendelton for a urine study. All of this is in my Medical File. After my discharge I have had 11 different passed stones .One surgery to break up stones and a stent put in .I currently have 5 more stones in my kidney now .

Questions

Should I file a Clam ?

Can I file a clam?

Could it be considered service connected recurrent issue ?

If i do file how do i go about getting it Service connected?

If it is approved what kind of rating could i expect?

Edited by mrmark1999

Definitely, as long as it is documented in your military records. Some stuff the VA just does not like to rate. I had Shingles 2 times, yes I said twice in one year while active. The VA would not rate this, even though it is very unheard of someone having Shingles more than once in their life.

Ok What would i need to do to file for it would i need to have all the times i was in the emergency room for the stones after i got out ? medications given ? MRI reports there has been so many stops at the doctor office while in service in 29 palms i was sent to med clinic for dehydration but my medical records don't show clinical records i just need to know what info i need to start the claim

Ok well i finally have all of the service records and all of the civilian records and list of current medications that i have for kidney stones

1. is there any regulations i can site in the claim so i can steer the VA raters inn the right directions

2 any format to help organize

i just dont want to send a bunch of medical files im try ing to find a way to get them organised any help would be appreciated

ok final update  on service connected kidney stones i was awarded the full 30%for kidney stones i did a FDC using the  DBQ filledout showed i was on medication that could include pain meds  and any other meds used for treatment thanks for all the help if some one needs more info let me know and i will get back and let you know