VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Im Looking For Other Vets That Use Don Joy Armor Knee Braces

Rate this question

Burt

Question

The reason i am asking is i had a lenox hill for 20 years and had no problem with it tearing pants... i got the don joy last spring and wore it on my bare leg with shorts and had no problems but now that its getting cold i cant seem to find pants that get along with this brace! it tears jeans in about 4 different places, if i wear it UNDER them. if worn over them its uncomfortable and it eats holes in 2 places. the only pants it doesnt seem to eat up are skinny jeans and fellas im skinny but im also 45 years old and i look ridiculas in skinny jeans! i buy most of my clothes at thrift stores but am still waiting on compensation and honestly cant afford to buy a new pair of pants even there every week or 2! what do you guys wear with the don joy? my wife is trying to sew a second layr of fabric at the points it tears the pants out using ones its already ruined!

post-17197-0-55411000-1414255556_thumb.j

5 answers to this question

k9mal lol im near buffalo ny :) shorts not an option after oct lol

Jaybrown :) ok so if nothing else i know im wearing it properly LOL

The wife's from the Syracuse area so I can definitely sympathize. ;)

Make sure to file for your clothing allowance like I mentioned earlier. The link is highlighted in my first post. Currently it's $753 per year and multiple appliances do add up.

As an example, I have the Don Joy and a rigid ankle brace, and they paid me $1500 this year.

i didnt even know about that! thank you so much! i had my comp and pen like 4 days ago so im not service connected yet (although i dont think that will be an issue because i had all my records and had no problem proving my injuries during the exam as a matter of fact the examiner pointed out some that i didnt even know i had after he got x rays and mri reports. until then ill just keep wearing the ones that are torn :)