VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Ptsd C&p Exam Results

Rate this question

mooose

Question

Greetings all! I have received a copy of my PTSD C&P exam results. Would anyone mind helping me guess where my rating will fall?

Currenlty going thru IDES process, waiting on NARSUM.

National Guard- MIL Tech

MAJ-O4

90% connected VA (50% is PTSD)

Edited by mooose

5 answers to this question

On number four the examiner marked the box that corresponds to a 70% rating. Now the rater must review all the other evidence in your file to determine what rating to assign. Here's a link to the rating schedule that explains a little bit more about how this is rated.

http://www.ecfr.gov/cgi-bin/text-idx?rgn=div5;node=38:1.0.1.1.5#sg38.1.4_1124a.sg13

If you aren't working because of your service-connected disabilities then you should file for TDIU. It's a special rating that pays you at the 100 percent rate, roughly $3,000 when your service connected disability's prevent you from working. The easiest way to be approved for TDIU is to have a letter from your doctor stating that you cannot work due to your service-connected disabilities. Another way is to get a letter from a vocational rehabilitation counselor stating that you "cannot work due to your service-connected disabilities".

Reading the narrative it sounds like the psychologist considered marking the 100% box but she did not because you still have a job currently. This is just her opinion and another psychologist may have a different opinion...

Please take the time to get professional counseling just for the sake of your family. When my husband was med boarded out of the Navy he really felt like his life was over. He had made plans that the military would be his career and now they were kicking him out. He felt angry and betrayed for a long time. It's hard to go through those feelings. But please know that those feelings are temporary. Eventually he got over it. Life is not always what we expect it will be. And that's okay. We just have to believe that we can adapt and change with the curveballs that life throws at us, simply because we BELIEVE we can.

Thank you so much for the encouragement. Yeah it is kind of a catch 22 with the occupation thing, they are putting me out because I am broke and can't function well at all. But being a mil-tech I will not be considered un-employed until the MEB process is complete, no matter how much work I miss. If I understand the combined ratings table correctly, I may reach 100 schedular this time, but I will keep the IU thing in mind. Thanks again.

• Founder

This site may be helpful Active Duty MEB/PEB Physical OR Medical Evaluation Forum

Still on Active Duty? Try this forum MEB/PEB This link will take you to another forum not affiliated in way with HadIt.com. It is set up for MEB/PEB questions. Please do come back here for your VA Claims Questions

Total Disability based on Individual Unemployability. Google 38 CFR part 4.16.

GP