VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

How Do I File For An Appeal On Ebenefits?

Rate this question

vet201060

Question

I have more evidence that I have collected just after the rating. I got the 100% rating but not at P&T. I would like to appeal for P&T. Any insight would be appreciated. I have look on the ebenefits site and all I can find is a way to check appeals status. I need to initiate one. Thanks guys and girls!

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

The method to appeal a RO decision is to file a Notice of Disagreement with your Regional Office. You need to do this within 12 months, not 12 months and one second more.

You can file one on their form, but I dont.

Mine always say something very close to this:

NOTICE OF DISAGREEMENT

I disagree with the Regional Office decision dated 01 20-2014 (specify date of decision) and would like a DRO review. (If you dont specify this, expect a further delay). The issues in dispute are the following:

1. Depression. I dispute the effective date as it should be Jan.1, 2009 as that is the date I applied, not Jan.1, 2012.

2. Tinnitus. I dispute the denial of tinnitus as My audiologist, in a report dated 9-14-2010 stated, "The ringing in the Veterans ears is at least as likely as not due to repetitive gunshots during the Veterans military career". Therefore, the medical evidence indicates the tinnitus should be service connected, and there is no evidence to refute this.

3. TDIU. The Veteran has not worked since Dec. 1, 2008, when he was fired from his job and has not been able to maintain SGE since that period. Any income received in that period was "marginal income" and not SGE as it was below the poverty level for my family size. Further, my doctor noted on 12-12-2009 that "his suicidal ideations preclude employment...there just are not companies willing to risk their other employees by hiring this Veteran who is a risk to himself and others due to depression which at least as likely as not occured in military service.

Signed.....Ima Veteran 12/27/2014

Sign it and send it certified mail return receipt requested.

I just want to appeal the fact it is not P&T. I am 100% up for review Dec 2015. Decision was in Sept 2014 backdated to Oct 2013. I have a form done for my job stating my condition is a lifelong and protects my job even when I miss 12 weeks a year. I thought that might help me get P&T. I worry about getting reduced.