VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Any Advise On Tdiu (Unemployability) Ugrading

Rate this question

13Bcannoncocker

Question

I'm very new to the online forums so bare with me please.

I'm 70% service connected for anxiety, depression, insomnia, and nightmares. est. 2009

I'm currently going for TDIU 100% due to not being able to hold a job.

I have been in the process working with the DAV on my claim since 02/2014, have plenty documentation letters, from friends, past employers, and doctors. I've just completed Phyc C&P exam 01/2015. Ebenefits says gathering evidence.. but no further documents are needed. And my claim will be decided soon.. I also was recently awarded SSDI for the same service connected disabilities, very quick first time go.

My questions are:

How long does it usually take for the VA to make a decision?

How does my situation look granted I've already been awarded SSDI for the same reasons?

Thanks in advance.

Edited by 13Bcannoncocker

Yes all documents were forwarded from SSDI.

Thanks for the reply, I sure hope so.

Any idea how Ebenefits works? I'm getting from most people I will know by mail before Ebenefits update's their system. Also would you happen to know how the VA backpays? Would it be from the day I opened the claim or the last day of my last job termination? There was a VA form my pervious employer filled out for my claim as well, I cannot remember what that was.

I am pretty much in the same situation you are. I also have SSDI for PTSD/ Mental problems.

80% total 70% for PTSD and 10% Diabetes. My package for IU has been in the system since last April. Everything they have is positive including my C&P exam. Letters from employer, pastor, friends, etc.

Everyone I've spoken to says it looks great, BUT it's the VA so nothing is for sure until that paper is in hand or the back pay shows up in my bank account.. I will keep in touch with you through the Forum on anything I get.

Welcome to the Forum. Great group of people here.

Also I am a 13EC.

Edited by notapb1

Thanks notapb1 wish I'd found this site a long time ago. It sure has been a long journey. This kind of support is great! I will stay in touch with any updates of my own.

-Mikemmlj my SSDI did not specify when my next review will be. Does that mean something?

I'm in the process on filling for TDUI. I'm currently at 80% total 70% for PTSD, 10 for L knee, 10 for R knee and 10 for back. I was recently diagnosed with Sleep Apnea and was given a CPAP machine.

King of Battle.