VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Rate this topic

striska

Here is a brief summery of my last yeah and a half trying to get my appeals to go through.

09/11/2012 Local VA Office Decision RO 06/24/2013 Notice of Disagreement (NOD) RO 08/12/2013 Appeal Pending RO 07/01/2014 Statement of the Case (SOC) RO 09/01/2014 Decision & Claims File Dispatch BVA

Which is they closed out my case 9/1/2014 saying they never got my Form 9 .......which I have sent many many times......

So I received a letter stating that I have not filed a substantive appeal in a timely fashion on 1/26/2015 . Which is completely untrue. I had 60 days from July 1st (since my SOC) to send my form 9,(VA actually never sent my SOC until AUG. 12, I only found out of the status change due to my e-benefits status)I still sent a form 9 even though the VA never even sent my SOC to me. I send my first attempt to address given in my Statement of case to VA Regional Office of Appeals located in Winston Salem,NC 27120-1309. Sent Certified mail dated July 7/28/2014. Which I paid for fast delivery. I called with follow up and I have recored all follows ups with VA reps. I was told to wait that it would take 3-6 weeks to update. I called again 9/23/2014 was told to wait and also wait for an appeals agent to call me in 7-10 days. Agent called me and said that my form was forwarded to a "scanning office" it should be updated soon and to give it another 3-6 weeks. Called VA 12/3/2014 was told Appeals would call me back in 7-10 days. No call back. Called and was told to wait another 7-10 days for appeals to call me. I got a call back 1/6/15 I was told to resend the form to WINSTON SALEM I sent it Certified mail with fast delivery again. 1/20/2015 A VA rep advised me that my VA regional office has changed for the first time that my VA office changed from Winston Sale to Los Angeles and my case has been improperly handled, then gave me the Evidence intake center address in Janesville WI. Where I re-sent My form 9, 1/20/2015.I've done nothing but try to get this form to the VA since July 28th,2014, 28 days in to my 60 day time span which I only found out from calling the VA since my SOC was not properly sent. I Disagree With the decision to not take any further action to send my case to BVA. Due to all the statements above, the Form 9 was sent out in a timely matter with directions given from all VA reps and my SOC.

I asked to Please re-open my appeal and send it to BVA.

I also contacted my Congress Man out here in CA. I have many other factors to my appeals and mistreatment and threats from my VA Doctor in Landstul Hosbital when I was seperating in 2011 ... if I discolsed any mental health issues and lack of care from the Military doctors. So for my denials to my orginal claims I went and got diagnoses from civilian physiatrists, therapists and physical therapists right when I seperated the AF in 2012.

any advice ? They closed out all my appeals due to this awaiting response from my NOD for the close out to my appeal. of my

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use