VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Finally Got Off My Butt And Filed But,did I Do It Right?

Rate this question

gadevildog

Question

So I went to my local Va and filed a 21-456EZ form for:

Tinnitus

Insomia

memory problems

Fibro(gulf war)

Cfs(gulf war)

Gastrointestinal disorders,hiatal hernia(gulf war)

sleep disorders

anxiety

shingles/rashes

and a few other things in my record

I was honorably discharged from the USMC in 96 was dealing with this stuff then but, right or wrong I just dealt with it. I mean if I could get up and put my boots on in the morning and go to work thats's what I did. Only now it's taking longer to get going in the morning and so with the urging of my wife and fellow vets I went and filed.

They took down my info and sent the form off. Also told my to go get a gulf war registry exam, which I am still waiting on. He didn't ask for med. records, x-rays, DBQ or anything. I told him about my PSTD symtoms and he put down anxiety. I'm just wondering what I'm in for and what to do next. So any advice , info, or help you guys can send my way is much appreciated.

Semper Fi,

Gadevildog

• Answers 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Well they will request personnel records due to your mental condition also service treatment records to see if you indeed were treated for these conditions in military. This is done by requesting through records management center or Dpris can't remember which but its according to your period of service and branch of service. Since you did a 526ez, you can't turn anything else in or it will be processed the standard way cause when you submit 526ez it is designed for a veteran to turn everything in at one time. Do you have current treatment for your issues and diagnosis for them? Good luck

Welcome aboard bud, and glad you got the ball rolling. The VA will walk you thru the process and make sure you get everything done that they ask for. Good luck and God Bless!!!

welcome aboard devil...

a few things you might want to ascertain on your own. 1) being yours service medical records, even if the VA gets them, at least you can see what is in there. Have you been treated for any of these things when you were in the Corps? Have you had any treatment since 1996? Did they diagnose you with anything or did they just make a note of symptons? any mental disorder (anxiety, ptsd, depression etc) is paid the same so it doesnt matter. Tinnitus aka ringing in the ears, what type of MOS did you have? they will note if you have complaints in past about ringing in the ears (Let them say tinnitus). They will schedule you for a exam, at least they did for me,

Everyone is here to help, so more info we all know the better.

S/F

You SEPS in 96 do you have GW service Iraq Kuwait Saudi Arabia The neutral zone between Iraq and Saudi Arabia Bahrain Qatar The United Arab Emirates (U.A.E.) Oman Gulf of Aden Gulf of Oman Waters of the Persian Gulf, the Arabian Sea, and the Red Sea The airspace above these locations. Do you have VA records or Private med records with current diagnosis and treatment? Do you have any combat medals or and Campaign Specific Medals? Did you any in servce Mental health treatment of complaints?