VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Claim Just Updated To "prep For A Decision" Today

Rate this question

rootbeer22

Question

Folks:

I just saw the update on my ebenefits today, that it went from "Gathering of Evidence" to "Prep for a Decision" and it looks like they are still moving it along under the FDC Program for me? Also, we'll see if the 13 DBQ's that I submitted originally, will actually make a difference for me in the process? Interestingly, I've been reporting based upon the VBA Monday Workload Reports to this forum that Disability Claims outcomes are moving along very rapidly now for completion to reduce the backlog for FY 15? It has been reported as a "leadership goal" in the news over the last couple of years? I was thinking that I would hear something by the end of the summer on my claim so this is a bit of a surprise now? Originally, my claim completion date went from 15 to 37 months and now it looks like it is going to be quicker? I feel like I put in a good disability claims package despite some incorrect information from my VSO, but the real $64.00 question will be if "all" of my SMR records made it to get digitised into the new VBMS System and if the raters will see "all" of that SMR evidence that was provided? I submitted and then cancelled 2 FOIAs to obtain my C-File because the whole process went to a standstill while the FOIA requests were in? Then as soon as I cancelled the FOIAs, the process started moving again? A major concern for me is that a large percentage of my SMRs are handwritten and this could be a disadvantage for me and other "older" vets? The rationale is that if a rater has a time crunch, then they will use the documents that are the easiest to read rather than the handwritten ones that may have critical eveidence? I also, provided supporting documents during the CP examinations again, so I provided it a second time as well. Like most Vets, I'm a bit nervous now because I don't want to end up with doing years of NODs, CUEs, and Appeals so I hope it works this first time out of the gate? That said, I've had the wonderful benefit of learning from this hadit.com forum and it's amazing contributors over the last 1.5 years and would have probably submitted my original claim a bit differently -given what I've learned now? So, at least at this point, I know, I have a lot of options if things don't go my way for my claim? But, I remain optomistic that things will work out in the "end"...I just don't really know what the "end" looks like?

Edited by rootbeer22

• HadIt.com Elder

Getting close rootbeer22, hope you get a great decision bud!

Wishing for ya Buddy!

....................................Buck

Buck52:

As always, thanks...I have both sets of my toes and fingers crossed at this point....unfortunately, I'm not a patient person so this has been tough, but at least there is progress as it moves forward now. But after being on this hadit.com forum, it's sort of comforting to me that I have other vets like you and others who know the disability progress, are going thru the same things and can help in the event that things go south on my claims decision? I actually had a exam that I did not agree with and was able to take another one again which helped me regain faith in the system to some extent. Vets rarely ever get fully what they think they deserve in the system - which is natural, so if I'm at least close to the right ratings outcomes, it will be a good start. That said, I grew up in the Army "sucking it up' as a Tanker and we were all expected "to suffer" as part of our chosen profession. I really loved being a Tanker and it was very exciting when I was young. Now, everyday, when it's hard to roll out of bed and go to work, I realised that only a small segment of our country 'like us" ever serves in harms way - and some pay dearly for it...and then live with unique types of injuries like explosions, ailments and accidents. Consequently, I've been working on a newspaper article, entitled, "The Luck of the Draw" which addresses my experiences with the new FDC process....for my claim. I have a family member who is a newspaper reporter who is helping me on it.

Edited by rootbeer22

Keeping my fingers crossed for you buddy !

Maybe when they get yours done they'll start on mine...... :smile:

Edited by SeattleShay

I agree Tanker, VA system moving a lot faster in the claims process, mine is in the pending decision approval phase, I must say... Quicker claims don't mean quicker approvals. To comment on C n P examiners, i wish you could read what they comment on and rebuttal to them direct, because many times words are twisted.

Ebene's has improved and you can see comments from Exams rather quickly which is helpful with the " My blue Button"

Good luck to you,

Patience is a virtue.

Valhalla0321:

Agreed...we need a more direct route. Some do address it by submitting a "statement of support" for their CP right after it's completed. I've heard that it does make a difference sometimes if you can get the statement in place so the raters can review it along with the completed CP? The operative word is certainly "sometimes"? That' s why my article is going to be entitled "Luck of the Draw" because if you get the right rater that reviews "all" of the evidence and they understand the total picture then you have a solid chance of getting the proper rating? But if someone is rushed, there's a natural tendency to miss something along the way? Sure you can do NODs, request DROs and do appeals but if you can get it done right he first time then you will be able to miss a lot of the aggrevation that goes along with a protracted process when mistakes are made. My concern is that rushing anything can be problematic but everyone is pushing to get the backlog down now so that's where we are right now. I put a lot of proactive effort into my claim package and hope that it will bear fruit when I get the results of my claim. Like you, I had some disagreements on some of the results of a few of my CP exams but was told that the raters will look at all of the results which tells the entire story and I should be fine? I maintain faith in the system and I know that a lot of very good people work hard to make it work. Sure, there are problems but at some point things should be getting better with the new systems like VBMS that should help the system work better? Soon, I'll know if my faith is well placed when I get the outcome of my ratings. So...we' ll see pretty soon if it is going to work in my favor...or I will have to start the long process of fighting for what I believe is right in terms of the ratings outcomes?

Edited by rootbeer22