VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Why Did The Va Open My Denied Claims From 11 Years Ago

Rate this question

Jundie

Question

I have submitted a couple of secondary conditions (nerve damage, depression) for my S/C DJD. I expected the VA to reopen the original DJD even though I didn't request an increase. However, I do not understand why they reopened my original claims for hearing loss and hips that were denied right after I got out of service 11 years ago. Is this normal, are they messing with me or am I completely missing something.

• Answers 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

5 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

If they messed up it is a clear and unmistakeable error. Why did they deny you? Was it because of unavailable records???

If so, You win.

Basser

That is what I think too JB, that due to the new claims, they found missing SMRs or never obtained them in the first place,when they denied the past claims.

Then again VA opened a New claim for me a year ago, after failing to even address the 2 claims I had pending there for 1 1/2 years at that point, and I had to complain to the IG to get the "new claim' removed.

I had already succeeded in the basis for the new claim under 3 separate theories.

It was a stall tactic in my case.

Do you use ebenefits? It is simple to enroll and there could be more info there.

They probably called a CUE on themselves over the past denials, but hard to say.

Where did you get the info on the 'new ' claim? From 800# (Peggy) or by mail?

Edited by Berta

I dont do email on claims issues.

If you can scan the decision (cover C file #, name, address prior to scanning)

and then attach here the Reasons and bases Part and the Evidence list,of the older denial perhaps we can figure out what they are doing.

In your case ,since this is at ebenefits , I think it is a good thing that they re-opened, as I cant think of why they would want to try to stall your issues.