VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Bva Remand Back To Ro

Rate this question

Roddogt

Question

10/22/2014phase06.gif
Decision & Claims File DispatchYour case has been received at BVA, and BVA has mailed your decision to you (and your representative, if any) and will be returning your claims file to the Regional Office. Please note that transit times vary, and there may be some lag time between when BVA forwards your claims file to its appropriate location and when that location receives it.09/04/2014... when i call the 827-1000 number they tell me they cant access my remand,, So how do i get information on the status

5 answers to this question

Sing the Jeopardy Song? This is like trying to watch a bullet in flight. It's being remanded back to the RO. There's nothing to know yet because the remand action has not been accomplished. You could call or email Allison to see if they could "take it up a notch". If you are in danger of financial ruin or medical hardship, they can move it to the front of the line. One of my buddies quit renting and bought a motor home. Bingo. No address = Instant homelessness. Oakland gave him his 100% in 46 days. There's always more than one way to skin a cat. Best of luck, sir.

Edited by asknod

If BVA made a decision on 9/4/2014, you may want to check where did they mail that decision and check with your POA. Keep in mind that when it said BVA has mailed your file back to the local RO. It can be in the mail room for serveral months before it actually move.

Contact the BVA Ombudsman to see when it was sent back to the RO

bvaombudsman@va.gov

Then go to the Contact Us area of www.va.gov and then to Ask A question , and ask for a status of the remand.

You should have received a copy of the remand by now from the BVA..

If not ask the ombudsman for a copy.

If you have a POA maybe they have a copy of it, as ASKNOD suggested.

I have advised here many times that a claimant should do all they can to follow the remand themselves...meaning if it is a question of more evidence,.the claimant should try to seek it and not depend on the VA.

If it is remanded to seek another C & P then maybe time to definitely acquire an IMO.

Edited by Berta