VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Pension Question For Friend

Berta

His father in law seems to be qualified for Pension and maybe even A & A...however the vet has been treated at VA in lower NY state but lives in PA.

Should the family be trying to get a PA vet rep for his pension claim or can all VAMCS have someone to direct him (such as vet reps) as to where the pension app should go?

I am assuming the VA he gets treated at is in one of the NY VISns and so that would mean he needs help to apply to either Buffalo RO, or NY City RO.

??? I am not sure.

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

His father in law seems to be qualified for Pension and maybe even A & A...however the vet has been treated at VA in lower NY state but lives in PA.

Should the family be trying to get a PA vet rep for his pension claim or can all VAMCS have someone to direct him (such as vet reps) as to where the pension app should go?

I am assuming the VA he gets treated at is in one of the NY VISns and so that would mean he needs help to apply to either Buffalo RO, or NY City RO.

??? I am not sure.

• 2 months later...

Berta

If this is strictly for PENSION ONLY, he may do better sending the claim to a Pension Management Center.  Its different, of course, if he is seeking compensation, then he goes to the RO.  

Link:

http://benefits.va.gov/stpaul/pension_mgt_cen.asp

I heard that the RO's who get a strictly pension claim, send it to one of the pension management centers, but I can not verify that.  

Edited by broncovet

I was surprised to see that anyone replied to my question, posted here in June.

Much happened since then, the veteran lives in NY now and is in a Nursing home with the pension app still pending.

His son in law told me yesterday that the local state rep is helping with the pension and the A & A claim..

No chance for SC.... we went over that aspect very carefully.....