VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Nod Filed Timely

Rate this question

jfrei

Question

NOD filed timely for my one claim but a prior decision was not from my initial claim which was stated the reason for their denial of this current claim of PTSD. My attorney filed Cue on that decision 4 years after it has been made pretty sure as my claims are complicated a DRO hearing will not be coming in soon in Philadelphia. Does anyone know if all the VA drama is speeding up anything with the DRO processing?

• Answers 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

You can check the Monday Morning Workload Reports to see where your RO is.

You will have to download it to get the specifics:

http://benefits.va.gov/REPORTS/detailed_claims_data.asp#Reports

As far as my RO, they are terrible with more than 82% of their appeals more than 120 days old.

NOD filed timely for my one claim but a prior decision was not from my initial claim which was stated the reason for their denial of this current claim of PTSD. My attorney filed Cue on that decision 4 years after it has been made pretty sure as my claims are complicated a DRO hearing will not be coming in soon in Philadelphia. Does anyone know if all the VA drama is speeding up anything with the DRO processing?

The quick answer is NOTHING is speeding up in the appeals area, that is except for tons more

of them coming in.

Your wait for a DRO hearing will most likely be scheduled 1-3 years from submission of the NOD and

request for your hearing.

jmho

How about posting exactly what your claim of CUE was submitted for.

The exact legal error/s you feel they made and how if not for this error, it would

have manifestly changed the outcome.

Thanks

Sorry Carlie it was submitted for a denial for my TBI car accident, when they did a LOD after my service department had their formal LOD investigation and determined it was my cars defect in the airbag not deploying in 2006. Then in 2014 GM said it was my ignition switch which was the reason why my airbags did not deploy, power steering failure, and power brakes failure. Which had me upset since they told me in 2008 they had no idea what caused my airbags not to deploy. Cannot sue GM since it was prior to their bankruptcy. So my actions are not the proximate cause of this disability but the defect in the car causing the airbag not to deploy is my reasoning for the cue and if they wouldn't have denied my claim in 2011 I would have been able to get the help for my memory I need to function in my everyday life.

Carlie:

I asked for help on hadit.com about NODs and was giver your name. I've been reading some of your posts regarding NODs because I'm going to do one over the next few months and have learned a lot from you...thank for that...