VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

New Contention -TBI - Best Way to Submit Now?

Rate this question

rootbeer22

Question

Folks:

During my second phase (deferred contentions phase) of my first FDC claim, the rater only service connected me for 1 0f 7 contentions? Most of those denied contentions are going to be challenged with new IME/IMOs anyway.  However, the rater also advised me to submit a contention for TBI due to a Tank Main Gun Round explosion I was involved during my Army career. I did not apply for the TBI during the FDC because I did not want it to complicate my claim further at the start. So, I need to know the best way to submit the new contention given the changes in the VA disability system? So, is it best now  to submit a new contention thru "ebenefits" electronically or via the hard copy forms that VA designates now specifically for that purpose? I would think electronic would be best but have heard that Vets has had trouble submitting claims via "ebenefits" and I'm concerned about that? Frankly, it's only one contention and currently I have only one other deferred contention for my right shoulder that is being worked by VBA now but no CP exam scheduled as of yet? I suspect VBA, will consolidate the two contentions together. Besides, now that the FDC Program  has expired, there's no other benefit "like extra retro" that would be advantageous to submit now anyway besides just getting the date established? 

So, I would appreciate your advice....Thanks...Rootbeer22

• Answers 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

1 answer to this question

I havent heard of many issues with submitting via ebenefits, havent had any issues myself. 

when you file a email should come to you basically saying "hey we saw you filed today on this date..."  print that email and stick it in the folder you will use for this specific claim.  if you started one but didnt finish it within a few days a "intent to file" shoul dbe generated, print that email out and save it.  Also take screenshots of your submission and/or intent to file.

Im getting my TBI claim together at the moment, but major holdups with FOIA for the military as well as getting re screened

Edited by USMC_VET