VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

BVA Docket Number Assigned

Rate this question

USMC2311

Question

All,

I just received an IRIS response to an inquiry about my BVA appeal for ankle contentions.  It indicated that on 2 June 2015 a docket number was assigned to my appeal (form-9), It’s been 3 months, should my BVA packet have been certified by now and sent to the BVA?  How long does it take the RO to certify appeal packets?

Thanks, Buck.  I can't remember the details that long ago, I'd have to go through my file cabinets (two) of VA paperwork to figure out if that was the reason.  However, when the RO doesn't act for a couple of years on a claim, then that claim gets bounced between the RO and the BVA four or five times, then the BVA gets the AMC involved, you can easily see where the time goes.  I already have two writ petitions under my belt and told Gen. Hickey that I was considering another one.  She had someone email me today to tell me someone from the Board Director's office would contact me by next Friday.  Maybe a writ won't be necessary.  I'm crossing my fingers because just from looking at the docket number, it's an embarrassment to them that it's as old as it is and has never even been to the CAVC, to boot.  The docket number speaks volumes on its own merit without my having to say much of anything else.

Boy isn't that the truth. Once they open a claim up to an earlier effective date and you're still talking 1994, it kinda pokes a hole in the nonadversarial, veteran-friendly balloon. I'm finally finished- but what -26 years later from 89? You light the Writ fire under their feet if you want action. I had to do it twice. 2/4 on  BVA decisions. 2/3 on CAVC total. Win or Die. I subscribe to the squeaky wheel theorem. After 20 years, they finally get that feeling you're not going to go away.  

Aloha from the great state of Hawaii

My first posting, I recently seen the Judge on 21 Sept 2015 for NOD. My status on Eben has change from assigned docket number to With Veterans Law Judge. Things seem to be moving fast. I filed NOD in early 2012. Anybody know what comes next and how long the remaining process will take.

Mahalo

So Bronc, see if I'm getting this right.  My hubbys was docketed in 2-2015, and are you saying then about 18 months later he should get a decision?  His is just going to board for them to decide.  If so he should hear something around august.  But now he did have a date of Jan 25 at ro.  But that was not what he had wanted.  We llive in northwest Florida.  St. Is quite a drive at our age and health.  That is why we originally chose just to let them make decision at bva.  I was kinda  hoping the would say well it will go to bva for them to decide now.,

I have another question .  I saw on another forum,  that this lady's hubby had an appeal in,  he died, and the appeal was closed.  And it said denied because he died.  Can they do that?