VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

IU Retro Questions

Rate this question

SemperAye

Question

Sooo...back in Febuary of 2015 I filed for IU along with an increase. At the time of filing I did not yet qualify for IU without extra scheduler consideration, however I had been fired from my job December of 2014 for schedual adherance issues related to heath issues (ie my panic disorder). I was working at home for an online company and I was not able to get them to fill out the 21-4192 because they outsourced the filling out of all documents for the company. Folowing advice on these forums, I filled out the form myself along with a printout of my paystubs, screen shot proof of disaplinary action against me for schedual aderance due to "health reasons," screen shot of terminated date, and emails from my employer, signed it "employer refused to sign."

My question is would the VA pay me retro from the date of my proof of becoming unemployable (21-4192 and evidence), or will they use the date that I filed for IU even though I did not qualify for it because I was under 70% pending an increase, or will they use the date that I was approved for the increase to 70%, or will they use the date of my C&P where the doctor says I am unemployable? They have schedualed my C&P for this up-comming October 2015...8 months since I filed, and 10 months since I was last able to work.

I do plan on bringing this evidence along with me to my C&P this time. Any tips would be appreciated.

Thank you!

• Answers 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

1 answer to this question