VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

How to switch clinics/hospitals

Rate this topic

So heres my story.

I live in a state thats closest outpatient clinic is in the bordering state.  the nearest hospital is 45 minutes away but in my state, so by going to the outpatient clinic i am always forwarded to their states nearest hospital 2 hours away.  I am pretyt much done with the assholes in the Comp office in that state now.

So what i want to do is to transfer my health care to my state.  like i said their hospital is 45 minutes away but the clinic is only about 15.  can i transfer to my states va health care and go to that hospital and be due travel expenses even though the clinic is only 15 minutes away?

home to hospital.jpg

Edited by USMC_VET

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Similar situation a few years back, had to travel in Nevada (state #1) into California (state #2) for a dozen miles and then back into Nevada (state #1, again), just to get to the doctor's office (VA).  Had to do the reverse as well.

• HadIt.com Elder

You can choose any VA Facility you wish! as for as transferring your records  you may need to ask the hospital Director about that, you may not need to?

Its a shame veterans feel they need to change because  some of the assholes /I don't blame you.

...............Buck

• 1 year later...