VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Related to fibromyalgia

Rate this question

invisible

Question

I just recieved my determination for Fibromyalgia. They listed it as a disability, denied SC, but in the notes listed enviromental hazard. What does this mean? I wasn't expecting to be approved, since at the last moment, my primary PCM declined to fill out the Questionaire. Just wondering if anyone had any insight. Out of all the labs they took, the odd one was the Epstein Barr. I am not sure if that is to confirm, rule out FM... IDK. Thanks in advance for any insight!

fibromyalgia Not Service Connected

Environmental Hazard in Gulf War

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

For clarification, the Gulf War Registry Exam, which is not a C&P exam, is separate from regular C&P exams where Gulf War Veterans’ Medically Unexplained Illnesses presumptive rules if they apply for various conditions.

I am reading up on all you typed here, and I hope I do not sound ignorant... but I am right to assume this is from someone else's determination in a similar case?

I have a healthy distrust for VA doctors but am wondering if I should contact my VA outpatient clinic and ask for a GW eval and rheum referral. I just started going to a civilian doc and ortho, but my distrust is resulting in me having to pay out of pocket for MRI- which granted my deductible is met for the year but I am still responsible for 20%co-insurance. What do you guy think is wise. I know my questions are never-ending, and forgive me for that...

And I appreciate everyone's input here, you guys are very helpful.

The guy who wrote this NOD is an expert in Gulf War claims.  He is a disabled Gulf War Veteran and has testified in congress.  He has helped change the laws concerning Gulf War Claims, and represents Gulf War veterans.  He runs the website I linked above.  I learned a lot from his website, and from information he has written in forums.  

Cut and paste it, and then change it to make it fit your situation.  

The top part of the NOD will be the same for any fibro claim.  

When you get to this part, 

The DBQ showed that I am diagnosed with Fibromyalgia and that the tests show my
thyroid is fine. I have had all of the other test needed as well. I am on medication
and I am still in pain most all of the time. As per the rating guidelines I have met
the 40% rating.

Change it to fit your circumstances.  Every NOD will be different at this point, because everyone has different symptoms.  

I have also been going the private route with my claim.  I have had too many problems with the VA, always trying to explain it to make sure I can't get service connected.  My private physician looked at my history, and listened to my story.  He did some research, ordered tests, and diagnosed me with CFS, Fibro, and IBS. Everything has been submitted, and now I am just waiting for the VA.  

I am now working on getting everything completed for my breathing problems, I do not have COPD or Asthma, but I have shortness of breath and other breathing issues, which my physician believes are neurological.  When my current claim is completed, I am going to file for my breathing problems.