VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Can we get travel pay?

Rate this question

Buck52

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Anybody know if we can get travel pay  when we have a PTSD C&P?

My reason for asking  I may get one here in the next month or two   a veteran at my VAMC mention to me that they are not doing

PTSD C&P at our VAMC..We have to go to a different location.....its  is about 50 miles away  vs 22 miles from my VAMC.

Anybody Know?

............Thanks

.............................Buck

As far as I know veterans always get travel pay when they are scheduled A C & P examThe only problem I see is that the VAMC may want to deposit it.  Then again they may pay you cash.  Make sure you check when you first go into your exam.

• HadIt.com Elder

The "current process" is to issue a check, or direct deposit, at least at my VAMC. Expect a wait for either to occur.

Place filled out form in box, and go about your merry way. Some of the C&P's worked a bit differently, with the form originating

in the C&P office. Don't know if that was some sort of experiment.

Edited by Chuck75

• HadIt.com Elder

yeah I get travel pay when I go to my VAMC Appointments,,,MH you have to check out front with the clerk after the appointment  and some of the appointments you don't like when I see my PCP  I just fill out the travel form and drop it in the drop box.

but since the C& P won't be at my VAMC  in Dallas  its in Ft Worth instead at a veteran outpatient clinic

I Live east of Dallas in Rowlett....I would have to check my mileage to see how far?

................Buck

I was at my VAMC for physical therapy this Monday, and I asked a young lady at one of the info windows if I could claim travel for that.  She said that if you are 30% or higher you can claim travel for any and all appointments.  So....all those appointments I went to....$0. for me.  Not to fuss tho, I was able to file for 3 recent ones tho.  And they always come as a hard check in the mail.

Buck,

Andyman is right.  If you have a combined rating of 30% or higher, you get travel pay for any VA appointment.  All veterans can claim travel pay for C & P appointments regardless of rating.  Even if you have no rating or a 0 % rating, you would still get travel pay for a C & P exam. 

GP

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

As far as I know veterans always get travel pay when they are scheduled A C & P examThe only problem I see is that the VAMC may want to deposit it.  Then again they may pay you cash.  Make sure you check when you first go into your exam.

This kind of makes me wonder why my VAMC still has a cashier. I preferred the old days when I could actually take the travel cash and put it directly back into my gas tank.