VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

100% P&T - Merry Christmas!

Rate this topic

justrluk

So after all the years of working the VA claims as a part-time job, I received a call yesterday that my appeal/remand order was finally completed. He said the retro check should process within a few days. I was expecting a small percentage increase for the issue under appeal, but when I checked eBenefits this morning, I saw the new rating for the appealed issue: 100% (by itself). I then looked at my letters and saw the P&T box selected as 'Yes'. I'm still in shock. The retro wasn't what I thought it would be so I'll wait for the BBE to see the details. Also, judging by the new monthly compensation number, it looks like they are no longer recouping severance from my pay. Again, I'll have to wait for the BBE.

Next to my family, this is one of the best Christmas gifts I have ever received. I cannot thank all of you here enough for encouragement and support through the hoops of fire that is the VA process for benefits. I really want to thank Carlie, Pete, GA poppa, Ms. Berta, Chuck and a host of others that my mind is racing far too fast to remember. Carlie practically walked me through the language needed to request P&T, but I never had to send the request. I talked the language as I went through each conversation and C&P exam. I can at least provide my kids with a college education and my wife with benefits should anything happen to me. I'll have to look at the full spectrum of benefits now that I'm P&T. I know GA offers an increased homestead exemption and disabled veteran plates for parking. I'm not sure what else is available and will search here (Hadit!) to find it.

God bless to all, and Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukkah and a Happy New Year to all my brothers and sisters here!

• HadIt.com Elder

Congratulations

Great News and a great Christmas Present.

Merry Christmas & a Happy Happy New Year  to you and your Family

Enjoy Buddy.

&

be safe

.....................Buck

Edited by Buck52

This is superbly great news!!!!!

Merry Christmas to you too and to everyone here and their families.

Thumbs up.  Great Christmas present. I know you'll have a Happy New Year now.  Thanks to all who have served.  Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all.  Roadrunner.

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use