VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Claim already in Preparation for Decision

Rate this question

ETM81

Question

I submitted a PTSD increase/TDIU Fully Developed Claim (FDC) on 12/8/2015. The claim just moved from "Gathering of Evidence" to "Preparation for Decision" today on ebenefits. They seemed to have skipped the "Review of Evidence" step. I just had my exam completed by a VES doc on Thursday, 1/21/16. Is this a normal pace for things to move at with a FDC or is this considered fast in your opinion? Any knowledge, experience and advice you guys have with a claim moving at this pace would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Edited by ETM81

e-bennies is like a bowl of Jello- it shakes, settles and shakes again.  it isn't a one way street, can go back and forth.

if I had to put a degree of confidence in what shows on e-bennies it'd be about 15%

sometimes it moves quickly and other times it moves forward and then back- every ones claim is different as well as who reviews it

2 hours ago, Slick said:

e-bennies is like a bowl of Jello- it shakes, settles and shakes again.  it isn't a one way street, can go back and forth.

if I had to put a degree of confidence in what shows on e-bennies it'd be about 15%

sometimes it moves quickly and other times it moves forward and then back- every ones claim is different as well as who reviews it

I know how ebennies can be. It's not my first rodeo lol. I just wondered if anyone else had a claim move from submission to Prep for Decision in less than 50 days. It's just a bit strange. Thanks for your response and I'll try to stay calm & just let it ride. 

ETM81, I agree that is a bit fast, but it is very possible they made a decision depending on your c&p exam. I have seen, here on had it, a few members who had decisions made days after an exam. I believe one is titled"I've never seen an FDC move that fast" under Appealing your claim/NOD/BVA/USCAVC. We all know Ebennies is about as reliable as the crazy aunt in the attic, but sometimes it is accurate, I hope it is in your case, and wish you Luck!!

I would venture to say that if you had the exam and it's moving, that it is moving for a reason...I am sure it will be completed sooner than later.  I can say that I had my PTSD C&P Exam and within a few weeks I was completely done and S/C!

ETM81, I tried to find that specific post for you, unfortunately I am sc for memory loss and it shows, as I didn't see it and can't remember exactly which category it was under but it IS here. I will continue looking and repost once i find it.

1 hour ago, flores97 said:

ETM81, I agree that is a bit fast, but it is very possible they made a decision depending on your c&p exam. I have seen, here on had it, a few members who had decisions made days after an exam. I believe one is titled"I've never seen an FDC move that fast" under Appealing your claim/NOD/BVA/USCAVC. We all know Ebennies is about as reliable as the crazy aunt in the attic, but sometimes it is accurate, I hope it is in your case, and wish you Luck!!

Thank you very much. LOL @ the crazy aunt. I hope it's a good/accurate sign too. Thanks again!