VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

a long overdue Veterans Administration claim - 45 years ago for hearing loss and re-injured left foot limp - USMC 155mm self propelled artillery

Rate this question

Lancer Colorado

Question

I need your help or a referral for an attorney to retain for a long overdue Veterans Administration claim - 45 years ago for hearing loss and re-injured left foot limp - USMC 155mm self propelled artillery

I’ve wasted years on getting this done – including last year trying to get Colorado Lawyers for Colorado Veterans help in finding an attorney for V.A. claims. So I’m trying a new approach in finding an attorney with www.CassinoVersusVA.weebly.com.

Thank you for any suggestions,

Lance Cassino

303-838-0221

4 answers to this question

Sorry hard to understand your claim.  First have you got your Service Medical Records (SMR's)?  Next have you got your 201 File (Personnel File).  These are both obtainable from St. Louis.  Do you have a CAR (Combat Action Ribbon)  and are you a Vietnam vet?  Did you file a claim and was then denied?  Most veterans file a claim and then the VA comes back and asks for evidence and you are like what?  I know I was injured service connection but how do I prove it?  You have one year from denial of your claim to file an appeal or else you have to start all over again with NEW evidence, you can not use the evidence you used the first time in most circumstances.  I find that I do not approve of attorney's in most cases, they in my opinion are no better than some of the veteran service officer's out there.  For instance I have a Army Vet, Vietnam in country and the VSO put down that the vet had not been exposed to Agent Orange and screwed up his claim.  The guy was 11Bravo and in the bush.  Trying to clean that mess up now.    Any how I will wait to see what you can tell me about the questions above. 

Richard, VSO Marine Corps League and VSO VFW. 

By the way you cannot file a claim on what happened xxx number of years ago.  Yes the injury occurred then but you claim is effective the day you file and cannot go back to the date of injury though you can be compen sated if you can prove the injury was service connected.  Also about the fire at St. Louis it only affected some WWII guys records and not others.  Just propaganda that was put out about all the records destroyed and burned.  BS.  . 

Richard

• HadIt.com Elder

Lancer

if you filed a claim for this back in 1964, definitely seek a good Veteran Attorney. for that EED.

if you did not?  then if you file a claim FOR HEARING LOSS AND FOOT INJURY they will only use the new claim date and if your awarded  service connected compensation for your  hearing loss and tinnitus THEY WILL RATE IT ACCORDINGLY AND USE THE NEW DATE YOU FILED AS THE EFFECTIVE DATE.

JMO

......................Buck

Edited by Buck52

The costs of hiring an atty. for a claim will cost to much. Get some free help with a Vet rep. you do most of the research and present it to him and he'll give you good advice and tell you what is needed to win. I'll tell ya that hearing loss is 0% compensable and they'll give you the audiology tests and give you hearing aids. That's what they did with me anyway. With the foot injury could be as low as a denial of the claim to 10% up to who knows and dependent on the severity.

Good luck and thanks for your service!!