VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Will requesting your CFile hinder your adjudication of recently submitted FDC?

Rate this question

4mydad

Question

Hi everybody,

I'm helping my dad through this claims process. I requested his C-File via FIOIA on Nov 19, 2015.  I submitted his FDC on Dec 16, 2015  and per E-Ben,  the date of completion for claim is 5/15-9/15. However, the CFile's completion date is 12/16-7/17!  Wow!  If I send another request to expedite c-file request, could it delay the comp decision?  Anyone have experience with this?

Thanks!

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

Well you claim is assigned to someone in the VA and then you come in and want a copy in the middle of this guy trying to complete your case.  Now someone else will come and get your C file to copy it and he will keep it a week or two probably.  The time to get the C file was BEFORE you submitted your claim.  I assume all your evidence is in.  Question is why do you need it now?   For what its worth I would leave things be until AFTER the decision.

I agree-exactly my thoughts on the delay. I was hoping that his CFile would arrive before I submitted, but really didn't want to wait. I submitted a very well documented FDC, so hopefully it will move along. At least I have it in the queue for NOD if needed. I will try to expedite after the decision if I need to NOD. 

Thanks again for your time