VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

CUE low-balled, what next step to correct that?

Rate this question

autumn

Question

when a CUE is granted after a NOD was filed and veteran see's for sure the CUE was low-balled via DRO regarding $ compensation what would be the next steps for the veteran?

would that be an appeal? what options are available for veteran at this stage?

i saw them do this with the first granting of service connection for the injury & disease. an appeal was filed due to that low-balled rating and a 100% was granted within a year. in my cases RO seems to low-ball initially every time.

very happy an actual CUE was granted, every vet knows the emotional mine field that process is, but want to get some thoughts on what can/should be done next if veteran knows it was low-balled.

4 answers to this question

3 minutes ago, autumn said:

when a CUE is granted after a NOD was filed and veteran see's for sure the CUE was low-balled via DRO regarding $ compensation what would be the next steps for the veteran?

would that be an appeal? what options are available for veteran at this stage?

i saw them do this with the first granting of service connection for the injury & disease. an appeal was filed due to that low-balled rating and a 100% was granted within a year. in my cases RO seems to low-ball initially every time.

very happy an actual CUE was granted, every vet knows the emotional mine field that process is, but want to get some thoughts on what can/should be done next if veteran knows it was low-balled.

Fight!

I remember your CUE. It was a beauty!

Sure they will lowball if they think they can.

Earlier today I mentioned here a situation I had whereby the Regional Counsel called a CUE on the Buffalo RO for something I just had given up fighting over (I was suffering from an illusion that maybe the VA might have been right  :wacko:)

The VA , as I tried to explain to them many times, owed me years and years of DIC they had recouped from my FTCA award erroneously.

28 thousand suddenly showed up in my mail box one day and the VA letter didnt arrive for another week.

The RC had caught the CUE I had given up on.

I figured out the audit statement only to find that they still owed me 11 thousand more.

It was interesting how they did the audit. leaving out an entire of year of DIC but very hard for me to catch at first.

So yes they will lowball a CUE or anything else they can and we must aggressively fight back with evidence to show they are wrong..

Since then I no longer suffer from any illusions that they may be right.

I have lowered all of my expectations of the VA.

They have made errors on just about every single claim I have ever had.

4 hours ago, Berta said:

I remember your CUE. It was a beauty!

Sure they will lowball if they think they can.

Earlier today I mentioned here a situation I had whereby the Regional Counsel called a CUE on the Buffalo RO for something I just had given up fighting over (I was suffering from an illusion that maybe the VA might have been right  :wacko:)

The VA , as I tried to explain to them many times, owed me years and years of DIC they had recouped from my FTCA award erroneously.

28 thousand suddenly showed up in my mail box one day and the VA letter didnt arrive for another week.

The RC had caught the CUE I had given up on.

I figured out the audit statement only to find that they still owed me 11 thousand more.

It was interesting how they did the audit. leaving out an entire of year of DIC but very hard for me to catch at first.

So yes they will lowball a CUE or anything else they can and we must aggressively fight back with evidence to show they are wrong..

Since then I no longer suffer from any illusions that they may be right.

I have lowered all of my expectations of the VA.

They have made errors on just about every single claim I have ever had.

yes, you and I had exchanged many a note on hadit about that. glad too as all of it helped in one way or another. otherwise i'd still be floating about out at sea without a raft so to speak.

i wouldn't have any way to see correctly, like you did regarding the audit in your case. i'll have to leave it up to the attorney. sharp enough to see the CUE and how to present it, which worked favorably, so i think he will be able to see what or if anything needs to be persued.

i did want to ask on hadit though so i can keep myself educated about it when i next speak/listen to the attorney.

we all can get a bit delusional thinking VA will do the right thing. i've been there as others. then quickly see or feel their sting of mental games they play. last visit at VA, one could sense it again. they start taking up for their own, someone who really wronged a vet, in their witty way all the while more likely than not writing some detriment wording in the records or as they seem to do lately, not even write much, which is the same thing.

they send you that sizable check, with no note, i suspect all the while hoping you don't catch the 11k deficit?  or another way to look at it since i have a calc on my table, see if i can get the calc to do this, they give you 60.71% of what should have been 100%. they kept 39.29% until you caught the so called error. something like that.

that's a major big deal. how many times have VSOs/VARO said to a vet, wow look at what you got or we got for you. be thankful, as there is nothing more to award or fight for. REALLY! you owe the veteran 100% of $ but you kept almost 40% and then try to psych out the vet so he/she can't see the error! so much for Title 38 and mcdonald won't ever acknowledge that issue. keep an eye on what he is trying to spin on "fixing" the appeals process.

glad you caught the error and reminded us all to triple check or in my case get someone else who will check for the veteran.

i suspect they low balled like they have EVERY time regarding my case. we'll see.

appreciate your help and reply and others here too.