VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Docket

Rate this question

Drillserg63

Question

well after checking e benefits i see my appeal status went from administrative processing to being assigned a docket number and waiting to be assigned to vlg. This is confusing as i have known my docket number for 2 years. And why does it say waiting to be assigned to vlg. I thought the vlg who conducted your hearing is the judge assigned to your appeal

21 minutes ago, Drillserg63 said:

well after checking e benefits i see my appeal status went from administrative processing to being assigned a docket number and waiting to be assigned to vlg. This is confusing as i have known my docket number for 2 years. And why does it say waiting to be assigned to vlg. I thought the vlg who conducted your hearing is the judge assigned to your appeal

did you have a hearing, being assign to a veteran law judge

is the judge who will make the decision

I think RUready isn't familiar with the program, DS63. Rog on the Docket number and rog on the hearing. What we are seeing is if the appeal is of relative simplicity, they are handing these to Acting VL Judges. However, as you note, if you had a hearing with Judge "A", he is the VLJ and they cannot assign another. Try not to to put too much credence in eBennies. It's about a week out of sync with ROs but slightly better w/ BVA info. I'd be looking at a year unless you are over 75 or have severe medical/financial issues. If so, they usually advance your claim on the docket and fast track it to a 3 or 3 1/2 month decision. Good luck.

I still don't understand he had a hearing with a judge

but now waiting for a docket # I got an 09 docket still no decision.

He got 2014 docket and had a hearing at BVA but still waiting for a judge

explain in common terms. A acting judge see claim first than go to BVA never

heard that before

When you appeal, you check off a box on the Form 9 for a BVA hearing (or not). DS63 indicated in his first post that he had a hearing and a docket number. One can only extrapolate that he had a BVA hearing rather than a DRO hearing. Getting a docket number is no big deal. They actually assign them when the Form 8 is signed off and the appeal is certified.

<<<<  I thought the vlg who conducted your hearing is the judge assigned to your appeal >>>    

DS63 further stated that he had a hearing  (<<< yes i had my hearing on 01/11/2016 >>>)       and a 2014 docket number assigned. These are all things you can find out by calling the BVA info line. I'm sorry you don't understand what DS63 is trying to say. I jumped in to help him understand because your line of questions didn't make any sense. 

Currently, an appeal to the BVA begins with a NOD. You elect at that point for a DRO review/hearing. Once you get a SOC (denial), you file the VA 9 and ask for a VLJ Board hearing. About a year to 16 months (maybe longer now) you get a hearing. About another 16 months later you get a decision from the same VLJ you held the hearing with. Hope that helps, sir.